PDA

View Full Version : suspension?

Todd
02-14-2003, 05:40 PM
i was wondering what type of shocks i needed , i was thinking dual rate w/ res. but i heard triple rate were for moto x . i like to ride tracks and some trails but mainly tracks and didnt know which to get , also if you get shocks valved for stock a-arms and later get extended arms i assume you get the shocks revalved. last but not least i dont race or really plan to and wonder if peps would just be to high dollar of a shock just to play around on and if works would suit me fine? i dont know , all i know is my stock suspension is killing me

02-14-2003, 05:41 PM
i would get works tripple rate with rezzies. It may be overkill for what u do but its better then wishing u got better shocks.

Todd
02-14-2003, 05:50 PM
so the triples are more for moto x ? also my weight changes a bit from about 173 to 185 so when ordering shocks so i go with my heaviest weight?

luvmyex
02-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Not really.The 3rd spring picks up the softer stuff.It belive dual are more for mx than tripple.Unless you feel your stockers fading id just go without the rezzis.Its a big improvement over stock.The harder you ride em the better they do.Works are good but i wish i had saved another 300 and went with Derisi shocks.He is here in NC too.BTW where are you from?

Todd
02-14-2003, 09:41 PM
albemarle, no i cant say i have ever noticed them fading but i have broke my stock rear and replaced with another stocker . can stock rear shocks be revalved also?

quadracer_30
02-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Derisi was telling me the other day on the phone that he has designed some new shocks that are really going to be sweet. I think that i have seen on here that someone else was talking about it also.....i can't wait to see what his suspension is going to be like!!! I bet it will be awsome!

Later..

QuadTrix6
02-15-2003, 03:24 AM
suspension is one of the most important mods so do it right the first time and get something good

OCCRA288
02-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by quadracer_30
Derisi was telling me the other day on the phone that he has designed some new shocks that are really going to be sweet. I think that i have seen on here that someone else was talking about it also.....i can't wait to see what his suspension is going to be like!!! I bet it will be awsome!

Later..
Here's the new shock info that Santo sent me. Lots of attention to detail.

DeRisi Racing Shocks were designed using CAD/CAM technology by pro racer Santo DeRisi. All of our suspension has been tested on and off the track to insure high quality and performance. Our shocks are made from the highest quality material available.

The shock bodies are made from 4130 chromoly tubing. The bodies are also hard anodized to keep the outside from getting corroded and rusted. The inside of the body is also hard anodized to keep the oil from getting contaminated and the anodizing also gives the piston a smooth surface to ride against. The shafts are all 5/8 diameter, and are made from 17-4 Stainless steel which has been hard Chromed. Shafts are available non-adjustable or rebound adjustable. Upper and lower mounting eyelets house spherical bearings, which makes less friction on the frame and a-arm pivot points, and will outlast bushings.

The reservoir bodies are made from 6061-T6 tubing then also hard anodized to stop the oil from getting contaminated. All other shock parts are also hard anodized. The reservoirs use a floating piston design, which keeps the oil and the nitrogen separated. One of the reasons why we decided not to use the bladder is because a lot of times the bladders will break and the nitrogen will get in with the oil and the shock will start fading. With the floating piston design you will never have to worry about fading or broken bladders. Reservoirs are available non-adjustable and compression adjustable. Our compression adjusters are developed so that when you change one click you can tell a difference! There are eight compression settings for you to choose to fine-tune your suspension. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at (704) 538-3512

quadracer_30
02-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Yeah he was telling me about them. He said there was some more new features that he decided to add to them to make them even better. I can't wait!....

quadracer_30
02-15-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Todd
albemarle, no i cant say i have ever noticed them fading but i have broke my stock rear and replaced with another stocker . can stock rear shocks be revalved also?

I think DeRisi does a lot with the stock rear shocks........i have heard a lot of good things about his work!? Have you gave them a call?