PDA

View Full Version : woint start eather

kawasaki1
02-08-2011, 11:14 PM
i have a 08 with some mods done to it its been running fine untill yesterday im getting spark the furl pump is coming on when i turn the key on yesterday fouled the plug change plug would not start cleaned the old plug then it would start went to put it back togeather now it woint start woint even try i have a procom ecu change it out still nothing roll over switch tied down it is getting spark im lost ready to get rid of it and get a yam need help

scotturban
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
with mine I also had some type of electrical problem, and it would just crank and crank till the battery died, i just said screw it and bought the kicker kit, starts now that way

KAWIRYDER
02-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Might be the roll over sensor!:confused:

kawasaki1
02-10-2011, 09:33 AM
not trying to be a smart *** one thing
i wrote the roll over sensor is tied back and the procom gets rid of the roll over sensor almost sure the plug is fould out il get one today and report back

ccdhowell
02-10-2011, 12:08 PM
My daughter races a KFX450 in our local XC series. At one race, not long after we bought it, it did the same thing you describe. I tore it apart looking for why it wouldn't fire, while I had it apart a Kawasaki dealer mechanic came over from another pit and told me that at the dealer they often just take off the air box lid, air filter and spray carb cleaner into the intake while cranking it and it will eventually start. He did it to mine at the track and it started! I quickly took it out across a nearby open pasture to blow all the crap out of it and clean the plug up a little. It started fine when I got it back.

This has happened several times since and the carb cleaner to the intake trick has worked every time. You may have to put some jumper cables on it to another quad or truck because it will kill the battery pretty quick.

Hope it works for ya.

kawasaki1
02-10-2011, 01:29 PM
got he pro fixed put a new plug in it and it fired right up make mods to the bike makes it a real tem ***** thank for all the info