PDA

View Full Version : respring just bottom on a race tech triple rate?

hawaiianbasshed
02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
does anyone know, when respringing a tcs/racetech triple rate from 200# to 130, would I just change the bottom spring? I want to get a set of revalves but it's for a 200# rider. but I don't have alot of money atm, so want to just change the base spring and revalve the shocks.

anyone have comments on that? I'd like to send it to derisi as they did the rear shock I have. so figured I'd like to get it matching. thanks for any insight!

Tom

hawaiianbasshed
02-09-2011, 12:00 AM
decided to suck it up N get the shocks while they're available and figure it out from there lol.

I'm shipping them direct to derisi and see what he thinks about just changing the bottom spring one or two steps softer.

can't wait to see how the TCS and DeRisi shock setups ride on the track :D thinking it should be night and day... hoping to jump the 60' or 80' tables in a few within a few months of practicing :D

here's a pic, the shocks look like new in the pix. one has a slight leak, but I figured I'd have them checked and serviced while there. a bonus was the seller and DeRisi are both in NC, so he could have them before the weekend :D