PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any D.I.D. 520 ATV X-Ring links?

ATVer14
02-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Hi, I just got a new Houser swingarm for the 400, and now I need a couple extra links to make the chain fit. If anyone has any D.I.D. 520 ATV X-RING links (the gold ones) that they could give me or I could buy off of them, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Ken

shamisc
02-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Magic Racing has plenty of them. www.magicracing.com or
1-800-999-4594

ATVer14
02-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll give Magic a call tomorrow morning.
Ken

ATVer14
02-20-2003, 02:30 PM
Anyone else have any links or suggestions where I can get some? Magic was out of them when I called. Thanks
Ken

Ex'r Marlin
02-20-2003, 02:59 PM
How many links are you looking for?

Note: You will still need another "X" ring master link to join the extra links together. Unfortunately, these chains are not like the bicycle chains that you can push the pin out and replace it.:(

Another thought, depending on how many links you need, you can get that many master links.

Otherwise, if I still have it... I will gladly send you my slightly used "two ride" X-ring chain at no cost.:cool:

ATVer14
02-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Ex'r- I need "2" links, which actually looks like 3 (it should have 1 "outer" link connected to two "inner" links). Does that make any sense? The more the better though, because then I can just cut what I need. I've got the extra X-ring master link because I thought I already had this problem solved. Rico tried to send me the extra chain I needed, but it wasn't the X-ring style, and apparently the X-ring and O-ring chains use different diameter pins, so it didn't fit right.
Good idea with the master links thing, but if you think about it, you can't stick two masters together, they both have the "outside" links. I know it would be better to just buy a new chain the right length so that I wouldn't have two "weak points" with the master links, but I'm on an extremly tight budget, and I just got the X-ring chain at the end of last season, so it's no where close to needing replacement. Also, I don't think master links are that much weaker than the rest of the chain. Thanks
Ken

Ex'r Marlin
02-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Cool... I have various options for you. If you are in a hurry for the links, let me know... I will send you my current X ring chain that has several rides on it if I can not find my "two ride" X ring chain.

Otherwise, if you are not in a hurry, I should be able to get you new links in less than 2 weeks... Again, at no charge.

BTW... You are right about needing the inside links if you are to use two master links side by side. Sorry for misleading anyone!