PDA

View Full Version : problem with POS blaster

YamaWarr0121
02-14-2003, 03:25 PM
my friends got a blaster he bought last summer for 1250..1996 with fmf pipe/silencer/ boyessen reeds (sopossively ive yet seen them) it ran great for a few months but in the snow last week it just died..

it'll ride real good..then kinda go into a long revv for a while then just bog down and die and wont start back up

ok well gas is gettin to the carb and the plug sparks.
when u stick it in the spark plug holder thingy comin from the ignition to spark plug n kick it it'll spark.. but would not turn over the engine EVER..we ran it behind my warrior al the way down teh street and wouldnt get running until i was doin around 5th gear pinned. we kept it running, unhooked the rope and rode it to the back yard (200yds) then back to the driveway..and it started iding out once we entered it..

it wont start again..nwo its quite cold here. so we blew dryed teh cylidner and left it in a heated garage for quite a few hours to try to get it warm..NOTHING at all now guys can someone help us? its snowin now n more this weekend i wanna get it runnin for him..
thanks guys any imput is great!! (sorry for the long post)
but it wont start it should die

jetta75
02-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Did you say you haven't looked at the reeds? My brothers blaster blew a reed out and would only run wide open. It would not start unless it was pulled fast. The low end was not there it would die. Is the compression ok? I fried my rings awhile back and only time it would run was towing real fast. Check the reeds then if you can't check compression you may want to pull the head and check it out if someone else hasn't had something happen to them. other ideas, but deff. check reeds.

YamaWarr0121
02-14-2003, 05:08 PM
hmm good idea.. i was readin up on how 2 strokes could do that..ill get right on it whenever i can get my garage cleaned up

any other input?

sylvan56473
02-15-2003, 10:39 AM
You only need 3 important items for a 2 stroke motor to run.
1. Gas
2. Compression
3. Spark

It sound like your spark is fine.
So you are just down to compression and Gas. The first thing that I would do is remove the gas cap and try to start it to rule out a kinked vent hose on the gas cap or even a faulty gas cap. If that didn't work I would remove the air filter and make sure that there aren't any debris' in the air box that are blocking the air flow. The reeds are definitley a possiblity. Check those after these first couple of steps.

It sounds like a gas problem because it will rev really high before it dies. I would start with anything gas related.

Good Luck

Chanman420q
02-15-2003, 12:43 PM
well.. id check the carb and the tors..

YamaWarr0121
02-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
well.. id check the carb and the tors..

de uhh carb and tors:huh whats a tor:confused: :confused:

Chanman420q
02-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Thottle override system, it shuts the engine if the slide gets stuckin wide open... and u said it would only start if it was wide open?? maybe the wiring got screwy and its reveased...