PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights

atvnut22
02-07-2011, 08:21 PM
My 05 silverado has the button in the dash for fog lights, and if i turn it on it has a light in the dash. What I'm wondering is if their are already wires ran to the holes in the bumper or where I have to run wires from. Also, what will be the best lights to get, is their a type that is made for the holes, or just get a fog light from autozone that's close? Thanks in advance for the help!

CJM
02-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Im not 100% sure but alot of the newer trucks already have all the wiring in there, you can verify this by tracing the wires (if any) near the holes in the bumper.

Then all you gotta do is either put your own lights there or use the factory lights.

Friend of mine has a nissan frontier and although its capped the wiring is all there, all he has to do is buy the lights.

atvnut22
02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Me and a buddy were talking about it, and as usual we decide to think of this stuff at the worst times, and I didn't feel like laying in snow to check it out haha.

CJM
02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Id say chances are if the button on the dash lights up you got the wiring.

atvnut22
02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Now hopefully I can find a set of the lights that are made for it without spending 3 arms and 2 legs...

UnderFire
02-07-2011, 10:12 PM
If your going to go through installing lights, don't get cheap-o's, they do next to nothing in fog and absolutely nothing in snow, if you are looking for a good set of fog-lights, the PIAA 520 series are some of the best, and for driving lights, the Hella 500FF's are great.

Thumpin440ex
02-07-2011, 11:45 PM
If you have the button in the dash then the wires are there for that.. You will need to run wires from the fogs to the witch though.. Check out ebay for some OEM ones. They come up all the time...

John

Lasher
02-08-2011, 12:45 AM
my 02 2500HD has the same button. On the front bumper, at the bottom are two fog lights that came on when I pushed the button.

The used to work but being close to the road on the bumper, both lights have been broken from rocks in the road. All that is left is the silver back of the lights.

I don't remember the stock lights doing much when they did work.

TCracin440ex
02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
if you have the button already in your dash for the fogs, then your truck came with the package and the previous owner must have took them off for whatever reason. the truck i got now had the button in the dash and i crawled under there and looked and found the wires stuffed up in the bumper so i bought some OEM fogs to put back in there

also check ebay for the fog lights for your year/body style truck you can most likely get a pair pretty cheap. i paid 85 bucks for 2 from a company that does OEM reprods. GM wants like 85 or more per light

also if you dont want to go thru GM check out LMCtruck.com they have the fogs too. to answer your question you should already have the wiring harness under the truck somebody probally just tucked them up out of the way and removed your fogs