PDA

View Full Version : Aguilera's Super Bowl national anthem

Scro
02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Besides the fact that she screwed up the words, anybody else feel like it was very distasteful in the way she sang it? I mean, I've heard artists sing it with a little soul, but the up and down and up and down notes that she was doing just seemed a bit much....a bit disrespectful even. Seems like you see it more and more often. In my opinion, you should get up there and sing it in a formal way. The way it was intended to be sang. Here it is, in case you missed it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZJvuh9Fdvk)

tjsdaname
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
imo it sucked and would have sucked if she got the words right lol.....

if you want a good national anthem get carrie underwood to do it. she is amazing look it up on youtube.

here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pDNRONglU&feature=related

witech
02-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I agree ,the national anthem should be about taking a minute out of our lives to think about who we are as a people and how America came to be . Singing it in that manner just takes focus off the material. Anybody notice when the big screen showed the soldiers how the crowd cheered. I wonder if she thought they were cheering for her performance?LOL

Anyway since messing up the lyrics to the song seems to be common practice you would think by now it would be SOP to have a cue card in front of them .
BTW whats up with the halftime shows . Are they just greatest hits albums now or what . I was impressed with the chick singing sweet child of mine better than Axle Rose.LOL.

HondaPohl
02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
anymore they drag it out too long and turn it into a gospel. Just ****in sing the song without all the crap.

CJM
02-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
anymore they drag it out too long and turn it into a gospel. Just ****in sing the song without all the crap.

agreed, i hate when they try to make it sound like something they are not.
also agreed carrie underwood coulda doneit 100x better

motochamp250
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
i agree with ya'll... the National Anthem needs to just be sang properly and with the respect and reverence it deserves. it is a reflection of our country and a tribute to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice and those serving today, not how good and "poppy" can i make this sound since i have to be up here singing it... have some respect....

and the halftime show was a joke. the black eyed peas are a good studio band.(i guess) but they were a b list group if that, performing at the super bowl. they are awful live. It was a total butcher of sweet child o mine. i was definitely not a fan. slash should have just started jamming and stole the show haha

rant off...

hunter

CJM
02-07-2011, 03:33 PM
black eyed peas suck to begin even with the synthesizers they sound like crap.

your right, slash should stole the show-woulda been good then.

motochamp250
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
haha yea, when i said good studio band i guess i should have put "to a select few" haha

hunter

HondaPohl
02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
ITs a football game not MTV. Plus its Greenbay and Pittsburgh. Two workin man kinda teams. Bring out Conway Tweety and Willie and lets get it right! Were drinkin beer not cosmo's! You dont see all this fruity **** in the Stanly cup do you?

Wired
02-07-2011, 04:15 PM
WORST SUPERBOWL EVERS!!! friggin packers :mad:

JR3
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Wired
WORST SUPERBOWL EVERS!!! friggin packers :mad:

+1

Thumpin440ex
02-07-2011, 06:01 PM
It was as hacked as the half time show. The NA is supposed to be sung the way it was originally wrote.. These freaking singers have to put there dumb twist on it, kills it...

John

jesshamner
02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
The national anthem was originally an uptempo military march style song. Short and sweet. It should be kept that way. Its not an R&B/Pop song. New styles are refreshing at times but being a patriot, I feel really bad about wanting it to hurry up and be over with. That's the singer's fault. Although this is bad, I really get tired of hearing the Leanne Rhimes version that they used to play at every GNCC.