PDA

View Full Version : On my way to having an xc 450

Foxhound013
02-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Just sent a money order off today to pick up a gt xc link for my 05, My first race is March 19th in the Mid American series. Any tips on riding technique, bike setup, training, and anything else you guys can think of to help. I'm just now old enough to race my 450. Ive got all my gear. The only gear I have left to buy is a chest protector but I won't have the money for that until I manage to get a job lol.
Thanks for any and all input guys!

-TheDude-
02-07-2011, 01:20 PM
if its your first race dont worry about coming in first, just ride smart and try to finish the race, as far as your bike goes the main areas to get work to is first your suspension then tires and so on

fomospede
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM
steering damper
keep your machine square and check toe in all the time
little hits may not seem like much but keeping it tracking straight and effort is much less
my .02

Foxhound013
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Forgot to put those things in my sig, i've got razrs in the rear and razr 2s in the front, and i've got a ccp stabilizer I kept off of my old 400. I'm definitly going to try to pace my self and just run my own race.

adamped415
02-07-2011, 01:49 PM
i tried to be in first my first ever xc race, well lets put it this way riped my brand new tires to crap, waffle my rims, destroyed a skid plate and so on, id say take ur time have fun and walk the course if they allow you and pick ur lines

fastredrider44
02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
You will need to get your shock resprung at the very minimum to work with the link. Otherwise it will be WAY too soft. Happy trails. Finish one first, then once you have it figured out, then try for a good finish. When the pros start to lap you, don't race them, get over as fast as you can.

hrc450er
02-08-2011, 05:55 AM
there are alot of guys from w indiana that race see if you cant start riding with them and u'll pick up alot.

Foxhound013
02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
My dads got a lot of buddies who have raced alot, I guess they're plan is to take me up to attica the weekend after the mwxc race feb. 27th and run the track, they said the markers will probably still be up.

MX_Racer_20
02-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
Forgot to put those things in my sig, i've got razrs in the rear and razr 2s in the front, and i've got a ccp stabilizer I kept off of my old 400. I'm definitly going to try to pace my self and just run my own race.

sign up for the maxxis contingency since your running maxxis tires. they will pay you if you finish in the top 3 of your class.

my buddy and i will also be racing on the 19th...see ya there.

Foxhound013
02-12-2011, 09:34 AM
I just looked at it, I don't think the program includes the First year Racer class. It's awesome to find other people on here who'll be racin the same place lol. See ya there

Foxhound013
02-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Got my link put on and rode with it some yesterday, I've gotta say, I'm in love lol. It didn't bottom out at all when i was riding yesterday, granted I wasn't going through the toughest stuff in the world but I definitly felt a whole lot faster with the link on.