PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shock??????????

cjmadison9
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
gotta 05 kfx400 and im looking to upgrade the rear shock, i know i can get it rebuilt but was also woundering if any of you know if a 450 shock will fit on it? i posted this in the kfx/ltz400 section and didn get much feedback so any input i appreciate thanks!

A A R O N
02-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Although there may be a few different OEM shocks that would bolt on...a stock 450 shock will not be much improvement over your stock shock and in most cases will actually be worse due to the setup and leverage ratios being different. Your best bet to improve the rear suspension is to add an aftermarket linkage and have your shock rebuilt to your specs (or buy aftermarket).

cjmadison9
02-07-2011, 10:54 AM
ok, you think gt thunder a good place to get revalved and everything?

A A R O N
02-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I have a biased opinion of GT Thunder, but yes. That is an excellent shop to have work on your suspension. His link for that quad works very well and he's got the shock figured out.

Flynbryan19
02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I had an 05' Z400 (same as kfx400) as well as the 06' Z400 I have now. GTT did the revalve/rebuild on both of them and I've been VERY happy with both. Night and day improvement over stock.

Aaron is right. Just because it comes off a 450 doesn't make a shock better. Having your suspension setup for YOU is what makes a machine work great.

Wesjay400ex
03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
What can you expect for pricing and turnaround time if you send shocks out to GT Thunder?

cjmadison9
03-09-2011, 06:21 AM
i got mine done thier, just go to the website www.gtthunder.com and select your machine it has a price list for every option they can do, turn around time wasnt bad it toook longer to ship it thier and back then it did for the actual labor

trailrider894
03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I liked GTThunder, but i don't like how Laz "knows" what you want more than what you you know what you want. I sent mine and i clearly told him to not use to much rebound and i had WAY TO MUCH REBOUND when they returened. I then sent the shocks to Jet suspension and Nick did an amazing job with the shocks! I am telling you, SEND THEM TO JET!!! They are cheap too....

400exrider707
03-09-2011, 09:25 AM
I've used GT Thunder shocks, but haven't dealt with Laz personally, they rode very nice.

I primarily used C&D, the site sponsor. Support those who support you...

Colby has to be one of the top 3 people I've worked with in the ATV industry. He spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone with me going over everything for some shock rebuilds. $500 for shock work might seem like a big amount of coin on my end, but for him to spend that much time on the phone with a customer going over every last detail for a relativley small order... that's customer service right there.