PDA

View Full Version : 300ex brakes on apex help please

Christiansdad
02-06-2011, 05:48 PM
i have a 06 apex 70. i put 300ex brakes to replace the drums for my little man. everything bolted up good until i was tightin down on the balljoints. i got to a certian spot and the balljoint was spinning. i added washers to raise the tighting pointng thinking the threads bottemed out. well that wasnt it. the balljoint didnt pull up and catch the the splindale part. what can be done or what kind of ball joints would work. the balljoints i have now have grease fittings and can be turned out for wheel adjustment. any info would help thanks

Christiansdad
02-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I have a pro shark. Someone told me the ball joints are different on mxr and pro shark..what is ur 1 cent

ecmini1
03-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I have done a couple conversions with honda spindles with little issues, I even used raptor spindles on one it worked out great. Napa sells a better ball joint i will find the part # its for a 74 beetle tie rod. Its what we use to replace those ball joints with. The shank is bigger so it tightens up i the spindle better.

Christiansdad
03-03-2011, 05:38 PM
good deal. I will run to napa tomorrow and check it out. I did manage to come across a mxr balljoint last weekend at a national race. The mxr will work with the spindles, it fits in there like a glove. I priced a full set of new ones and it was like 40 bucks a pieace..kinda high i think but everything for these quads are high just because it is what it is. If u get that part number i would be very thankful.

runabum
11-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Christiansdad
good deal. I will run to napa tomorrow and check it out. I did manage to come across a mxr balljoint last weekend at a national race. The mxr will work with the spindles, it fits in there like a glove. I priced a full set of new ones and it was like 40 bucks a pieace..kinda high i think but everything for these quads are high just because it is what it is. If u get that part number i would be very thankful. I went and bought 1 of the 74 beatle tie rod ends and it didn't fit can ne 1 help I can't find 1

Christiansdad
11-15-2011, 07:43 PM
it was for a super beetle...i went out and bought one from napa...it was in the 70's i know that....take it to the parts store with you and match it up...I spent atleast a hour with a guy up there trying to find the right size....you talking about someone that hated there job when they helped me..but it all payed off...i am thinking about changing over to the heim joints on everything.