PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

Honda4LifeWes36
02-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Have had my new xbox for like 4 monthes and now the harddrive is junk and broke. I found that out after like 2 monthes of research on Xbox.

I just wanna get rid of my Xbox and get my money for it.

I got warranty. How do I get it fixed? So I can get rid of it.

CJM
02-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Call the number in the manual or on the box (might even be s stick on the x box) and they should repair it free of charge.

honda_fan06
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Yea if it's still under warranty call xbox the will repair it for free. You will need your serial number and stuff off the xbox on the back and they will hook you up

Honda4LifeWes36
02-06-2011, 05:50 PM
So they give me the address to where I need to send it or what?

honda_fan06
02-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Xbox support (https://myservice.xbox.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx)

Go there and start the process, but before you do that what is going on with it do you have the RROD or red rings of death as they call it?

FAQ for xbox repair (http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/warranty/faq.aspx)

That's also another good page to look at!

Honda4LifeWes36
02-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Ya it ended up giving me a code so I looked around about the code and figured out it was the stupid harddrive.

So I took out the harddrive and it works fine but wont save anything and cant play on live. There unsure if its the actual harddrive or the deal that you hook it into I guess.

honda_fan06
02-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Ok I would contact them and see what they suggest or..... I could tell you to do something naughty........ If you have a Walmart nearby go and buy a hard drive the same color and same GB or size. See if it works, if it does swap the serial numbers on ur new one with your old one and take your old one back and get a refund. If it doesn't work the just take the one you bought back and get your money back.

And no I havent ever done this before.;)

dpizz450
02-06-2011, 08:00 PM
You are probably not gonna get what you want for it, or what it's worth. I just traded mine in at the pawn shop for a PS3. I got $70 for mine. Not what i was expecting at all. But that is the going rate around here.

I never had any problems with mine, just wanted a PS3. PS3s are somewhat better. Mine was an older one with a 60gig hard drive. You'll probably get a little more for yours. I also sold 3 controllers with mine. I brought my games to game stop and got over $100 bucks for 5 games.

Honda4LifeWes36
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Well I got all my info for sending it in for a free repair, just got to get the box and the Xbox in and out.

Would it be okay if I just put it back in the original Xbox box and shipped it with the shipping label on it that way?

Also, in the directions, it tells me NOT to send the hard drive with the console. (But that is what my whole problem is, either the hard drive or the port). Should I leave out the hard drive?

honda_fan06
02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
I would call and see if they want you too and don't send it in the xbox box it could get stolen. You could send it in that box and wrap brown paper around it to cover up the contents that way you have nothing to worry about.

But I would call them and ask about the hard drive.

m0t0xk1d
02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
DO NOT send it in your original box. they are very tempermental about that. they specifically say dont send it that way cause most likely you wont receive your xbox back

Honda4LifeWes36
02-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys. I will call tomorrow and see what they say about the hard drive!