Duf6
02-06-2011, 01:14 PM
What do you want to know?

Rancher2005
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
do they do much for you or not really proformance wise

ish416
02-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Compared to the stock header on my quad, it helped in the mid and top end. Noticable gains but nothing spectacular. If you are dead set on getting a header, go for it.

The best thing about the powerbomb is that it will bolt up to any slip-on exhaust.

I honestly think you would be better off spending your money elsewhere until you at least have a 416 or larger piston.

You would be better off with a carb from an 04-05 450R or a sparks timing key than an after-market header.

The stock header is actually very good.

Here is a quote from Allen Knowles of CT Racing on after-market headers on a stock 400EX.

"I found that through my testing, the more horsepower your engine puts out the bigger the headpipe needs to be. You really need to plan ahead before you buy a pipe. The kind of pipe you’ll need will vary depending on how much motor work you intend on doing. With a stock motor, the stock headpipe is fine. All you really need is a slip-on pipe, and there are a lot of brands to chose from. We’re not finding any appreciable gains on a stock motor with a larger headpipe. On the contrary, there can be a loss of bottom-end power.
If you do a cam and piston, or do some sort of mid-range motor buildup where you’re not going with really big valves or short guides then you’ll want to go to a bigger headpipe.

A really done up motor will benefit
greatly from using a pipe with an even larger headpipe to let the motor make the maximum amount of horsepower."

The full article can be found here. (http://www.atvaction.net/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=542D400698094EFE9BE15AFEB58339F1)