PDA

View Full Version : glamis legal exhaust??

cletus-87
02-06-2011, 12:10 PM
So we are planning a trip to glamis on the 22 of april and i was reading some rules and regulations and it says u must have US forestery approved spark arrester mufflers on. I have a white bros R4 full system on my 400ex and my brother has a yosi slip on on his raptor. will these be ok to use there or will we have to change them? Thanks in advance. We have never been there and dont want to have any trouble. Is there anything else we should be checking out?

OutlawBill
02-08-2011, 11:11 AM
just get the screens for each and you should be ok. I have not seen the leo's check for SA not much to burn in the dunes. Just don't not ride double have a flag and helmet on. get Camping permit's you can do on line and you will need one for each POV, they will check and have Quad registrations handy in camp, No glass

cletus-87
02-08-2011, 07:02 PM
POV? Do we need a camping permit for just the vehicle or everyone in it seperatly? Also I saw that only california residents had to have registraition on quads, is that right because here in kansas you do not have to register a quad therefore nobody in our group ever has.

OutlawBill
02-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by cletus-87
POV? Do we need a camping permit for just the vehicle or everyone in it seperatly? Also I saw that only california residents had to have registraition on quads, is that right because here in kansas you do not have to register a quad therefore nobody in our group ever has. POV privately owned vehicle or anything with a license plate needs a permit like your group has 1 RV and 3 trucks you need 4 permit's on your quads
Off highway vehicles that do not have a valid registration or permit from the owners home state (incl. Mexico and Canada) will be required to purchase a California nonresident permit (sticker) through selected vendors in CA, NV, AZ (view vendor list). (This link will take you out of the BLM California Web site.) Permits may also be purchased from CA Dept. of Parks and Recreation 916 324-4442. (38020 C.V.C.)
http://www.glamisonline.org/CA_OHV_Regs.shtml

$30 save having you being arrested for vehicle theft till you can prove ownership of your quad and big fine for not having permit and they have eagle eyes looking for permits