PDA

View Full Version : Rear Hubs

riding4fun
02-06-2011, 07:53 AM
I have a 08 Apex CR85 conversion. The rear hubs seem loose on the splines of the axle. The hubs look like the DRR rear hubs. Is there newer or a different kind of rear hub that will fit snug on the axle.

Thanks,
Darrell

KLCRACING
02-08-2011, 10:30 PM
When we were tightening the castle nuts on the axle, we ran out of threads and hit the splines before the hub tightens. In other words, the splines are longer than the hubs are thick. We found two washers with smaller outside dia. to put behind Apex washers. Our axle is a Durablue. Worked for us!

riding4fun
02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Its not loose abainst the axle. The hub splines seem to be slightly bigger tnan the axle splines so it rolls a little.

gorpracing
02-09-2011, 11:59 AM
are you guys coming to primm?

tyler70t
02-09-2011, 03:12 PM
When our stock hubs wore out we put a set of stock Cobra hubs on, got them from Paul @ Wiley. He made a small spacer for me to put behind the hubs and it worked out great for us!!
We actually had a set of DRR hubs and they were too small to fit the splines on the Apex axle.

riding4fun
02-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by gorpracing
are you guys coming to primm?

Yes, we are coming. Zachary may or may not race. Depends if he gets his shocks in time to ride his quad. See you then.

riding4fun
02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by tyler70t
When our stock hubs wore out we put a set of stock Cobra hubs on, got them from Paul @ Wiley. He made a small spacer for me to put behind the hubs and it worked out great for us!!
We actually had a set of DRR hubs and they were too small to fit the splines on the Apex axle.

Thanks for the info.