PDA

View Full Version : Aonia Ga First Atva Mx Race Weather ??

bracey
02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
what do you guy think the weather's going to be in feb 26th .. I was looking at the tracks weather today and the next 4 day high is mid 50 but the low for the next 4 days is below 32 degrees ....Plus it looks like i might have to de-winterize my RV and then re-winterize just to go home .........i just hope the track and pits are not muddy and we are not walking around with hats and gloves ...but i dont look good

tyltr450
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
i live in bama and febuary tends to be our coldest month but the way this winter has gone for us its been in the 60s one day and the next in the 30s so dont be suprised if its cold when u get there and warm when u leave, it also rains a pretty good bit in feb and mar

MX450
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Its gonna be hit or miss. It was high 60s last weekend and a little snow/sleet on thurs. If you dont like the weather in GA, stick around.

mrowe
02-06-2011, 06:16 AM
its just too early...everyone from the engine builders to the shock companies are scrambling to get ready...this extra month early stinks...then we don't have a race for most all of June...I called Mr. Gammons and asked about the schedule and taking the kids out of school so much...he said it really didn't play a factor in the schedule...he said the numbers show nobody wants to race in June? Ya, thats what he said...so they wanted to have a race in GA and couldn't do it in June anyway cause it was too hot so they had to move it to Feb because of all the other schedules...I was thinking about that is it hotter than Lorrettas?

Anyway we will see how it works out for them...I hear alot of people not going to the first one...too early and weather too sketchy yet...we'll see...you say there is a bad economy but it doesn't really show at the national races...

Is this track cool? I don't know anyone thats been there before?

mamaknothead
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Its gonna be racing weather!!!!!

edwardsp&b
02-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I live 20 minutes away and have been there a couple of times in the last few weeks. The track just opened to quads again a month or so ago. We were banned there for years (****ty dirtbike dads complaining) but it just opened due to the Nat.

Weather is going to be hit or miss, on a good day in Feb we will get 58-60
degrees.(Like today) But we have been having storms roll through the area lately. I bet we had 6 inches of rain Friday and Saturday together. It will get cold (for us southerners) at night, expect low to be around freezing.

The pits should be nice, most of the pits are on hard ground. Thats not as much a concern to me as the track. LOTS of wood and mulch. Lots of one lines. Very fast and unless they change anything it will be real short. Hope to see a good crowd in Ga, it will be nice to take it easy on that drive home after the weekend.

Bryan

jkiserracing
02-06-2011, 06:36 PM
I think it would be waaaay better to have it in June than Feb. Its miserable to race/ride in the cold but nearly everybody rides when the weather is hot!!
But yeah anything goes on the weather right now. Today was nice. Tomorrow??? who knows!!