PDA

View Full Version : Cheap quad lift...

quad2xtreme
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Got this for $125 from Harbor Freight. I cut the handle off so the whole platform can slide under the quad. Once it is lifted I just put the remaining piece of handle into the holder. It allows access to all four tires, is pretty sturdy, and allows you to easily roll the quad around the garage.

quad2xtreme
02-05-2011, 11:47 AM
another shot...

tjsdaname
02-05-2011, 12:07 PM
we use one that is pretty much the same as that one, but it does not have wheels..

got it at harbor freight for like 60$ works good.

jcs003
02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
i seen one at harbor freight yesterday for $40. that places name should be written in chinese:p

quad2xtreme
02-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
we use one that is pretty much the same as that one, but it does not have wheels..

got it at harbor freight for like 60$ works good.

The wheels was the key thing for me. I am going to buy 2 more of these so I can just wheel my quads around in the garage when working on them...sort of lets me park the ones I am not working on. Having 4 of them can really get in the way.

HondaPohl
02-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Hopefully it last for you. My wheels fell off. Doesnt surprize me though. I had to weld the castors to the frame. But for 110 bucks. Its worth it.

danhung11
02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i seen one at harbor freight yesterday for $40. that places name should be written in chinese:p

Can you explain why it should be written in Chinese? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I thought you were an engineer? Figure engineers would put some thought into their comments posted to the Internet.

ProspectorJim
02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Can you explain why it should be written in Chinese? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I thought you were an engineer? Figure engineers would put some thought into their comments posted to the Internet.

everything there is made in china....

danhung11
02-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
everything there is made in china....

That's a false statement. I will say a lot of their products are imported, not everything.

ProspectorJim
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
That's a false statement. I will say a lot of their products are imported, not everything.

It's not a false statement. You won't find one thing in there without a made in china label. Don't get me wrong though, I love harbor freight.

mcwilly
02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I bought the Craftsman ATV lift from Sears for ~125 several years ago. Still going strong. No cutting necessary and it comes with wheels and a removable handle to manuver around the garage. It's paid for itself 10x already.
atv lift from sears link (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950190000P)

danhung11
02-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
It's not a false statement. You won't find one thing in there without a made in china label. Don't get me wrong though, I love harbor freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/obd-ii-eobd-multilingual-code-scanner-99722.html

Cen-Tech manufactures this, based out of PA.

quad2xtreme
02-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by mcwilly
I bought the Craftsman ATV lift from Sears for ~125 several years ago. Still going strong. No cutting necessary and it comes with wheels and a removable handle to manuver around the garage. It's paid for itself 10x already.
atv lift from sears link (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950190000P)

Gave mine away like that one. Hated it. Wouldn't slide in far enough under the nerf bars.

danhung11
02-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry for the tangent fellas, I didn't appreciate the comments above.

As far ATV stands, T&T has the scissor style stands for $100 shipped. They are quick, easy, and lightweight. The ATV jacks are nice in a garage, especially after you put 4" blocks to gain some height. But try lugging one of those in a trailer, etc. They are a pain to roll on unsmooth terrain.

mcwilly
02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Gave mine away like that one. Hated it. Wouldn't slide in far enough under the nerf bars.

Interesting....we have 4 quads (all with nerfs) and it fits just fine under all of them.

dan harris
02-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Jon,

I have the same lift and love it. I didn't cut my handle - I just put it under the quad from the side. My race quad sits low so before I put it under I have to lift up on the front grab bar and take the weight off the shocks, but then it slides right under. Love having the quad on casters - can put it anywhere in the shop.

quad2xtreme
02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Jon,

I have the same lift and love it. I didn't cut my handle - I just put it under the quad from the side. My race quad sits low so before I put it under I have to lift up on the front grab bar and take the weight off the shocks, but then it slides right under. Love having the quad on casters - can put it anywhere in the shop.

I have to lift mine to to unspring any weight that is on the shocks. I can roll mine under from the front or side. Have 2 of these now and getting a 3rd. So nice for moving the quads around in the garage.