PDA

View Full Version : racing

hunter61
02-05-2011, 10:06 AM
hey i'm 15 and have benn on a quad since june......and am wanting to start racing but cant talk parents into it........how is the best way to convience them to let me race??? thanks

TheLane
02-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Tell them that its the best way for you to learn how to ride properly and safely, you will be riding with professionals and people of all experience levels and able to learn from them on what to do and what not to do as there is ALWAYS someone at the track willing to help.

trailrider894
02-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by hunter61
hey i'm 15 and have benn on a quad since june......and am wanting to start racing but cant talk parents into it........how is the best way to convience them to let me race??? thanks

Lets start with what are there reasons?

TheLane
02-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Lets start with what are there reasons?

lol that too :P cant overcome and objection if you dont know what it is i guess.

finsteratv
02-05-2011, 04:13 PM
just wondering. what kind of racing?

tjsdaname
02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
ummm... here is a suggestion, dont bug them 24/7 about it. get a job and prove that it wont cost them anything..

TheLane
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
ummm... here is a suggestion, dont bug them 24/7 about it. get a job and prove that it wont cost them anything..

hes 15....lol?:confused: im sure hes still in early highschool and isnt even old enough to really work, he should be focusing on school.....just my 2 cents.

tjsdaname
02-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
hes 15....lol?:confused: im sure hes still in early highschool and isnt even old enough to really work, he should be focusing on school.....just my 2 cents.

yes, he is 15 and wants to get into a sport that costs alot....

he should at least be helping pay for it if he wants to do it....

having a part time job does not affect school.. I have had a full time job since I was 14 im now about to be 17

trailrider894
02-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
yes, he is 15 and wants to get into a sport that costs alot....

he should at least be helping pay for it if he wants to do it....

having a part time job does not affect school.. I have had a full time job since I was 14 im now about to be 17

Thats good for you, but it doesn't work that way with all people.

BlaineKaiser450
02-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I've been looking for a job since I was 14 and I'm just now going to be hired in about a month. It's not always that easy!!

I was lucky enough to have my dad be as willing for me to race as I was. If I were you I would go with one of your parents to watch a race and then they might be more interested in you racing when they see that it's not all insane studf

250x_kyle
02-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
I've been looking for a job since I was 14 and I'm just now going to be hired in about a month. It's not always that easy!!

I was lucky enough to have my dad be as willing for me to race as I was. If I were you I would go with one of your parents to watch a race and then they might be more interested in you racing when they see that it's not all insane studf

as far as job issues goes i havent had that.

but like he said if you take a parent to a race with you it may help. but sometimes you have to realize financially your parents might not be able to aford shelling out alot of money here and there. just be patcient. im 19 and still havent been able to make it racing. practice days and what not yes just cant quite swing the money for it.

TheLane
02-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Sounds to me like hes pretty financially savvy if he paid for his own bike. id think chances are he might be able to pay for it himself anyways. No sense in going off on a you need to get a job spree if he doesnt and if thats not the reason his parents wont let him race.

hunter61
02-06-2011, 08:38 PM
well see they say it dangerous and dont want me getting hurt.... i am wanting raceto local mx series.... my parents take me to all the local track practices and dont have a problem but when i talk to them about racing i juct cant get them to let me.

hunter61
02-06-2011, 08:40 PM
and ive had a job sine i was 14 and paid for my quad suspensin a arms riding gear helmet and neck brace etc.... the most they have helped me out would be paying entree to the practice and taking me there.(if they go with me)

250x_kyle
02-06-2011, 08:47 PM
if they let you ride practices but not willing to let you race thats just goofy. normally tracks are clustered on practice days and just as dangerous. just remember once you start racing your going to break stuff. i dont know about what tracks you ride but if you sign a waiver you have to have a parent or guardian with you if you are under 18. if not a parent or guardian a notorized paper saying that someone 18 years or older has the right to sign the waiver for you.

TheLane
02-06-2011, 08:48 PM
lol they will let you practice and ride the track but not actually race??? now that doesnt make sense, im honestly at a loss for words. tell them they dont make any damn sense lol, if your going to get hurt its going to be getting bored of just riding the track and trying to freestyle :P which as i know can hurt... alot. Had an accedent today and went over the bars.

hunter61
02-06-2011, 08:50 PM
yeah i ride a full mx trx 450r with a stock motor...... i already break crap as it is, usally if my parents dont go i have to bum a ride off some of my older buddies that can sign for me....the places i ride get pretty crazy in practice.

Baracudaaa
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Just tell them that you want to start racing and that they better get ready to spend thousands on new parts, gas for your atv and truck, tires, entry fees, gate fees, possibly a new camper or toy hauler, wear and tear on the family truck, time off of work/school for long race trips, and a few trips to the hospital for random breaks and scrapes. Tell them its either that or you are goign to start doing drugs and hanging out with the 'wrong crowd'!!!