PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

400man
02-05-2011, 09:55 AM
im a new 450r owner, I got a 05 with a stock motor. is it normal for there to be pressure built up on the clutch side of the motor? like after a 15/20 min ride I take the transmission oil filler cap off and there is a big pressure release. and also the clutch is slipping some, like when your rolling at a decent pace and pin it and dump the clutch, it still pulls but it wont even spin the tires and throw any dirt. would some new oil help this out cause I have not changed it yet since I got it a few weeks ago.

400man
02-06-2011, 08:44 AM
I have seen this on two differnt 450r's. does anybody know what im talking about?

eastside 400
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
that is not normal, check the vent tube that comes out of the trans side, i believe its near the kicker, make sure it is not clogged. it might be part of your clutch issues, but your clutch might be worn out, also what oil do you have in that side?

DnB_racing
02-06-2011, 01:34 PM
the transmission breather hose it the hose that is supposed to go up under the gas tank,

eastside is right there isn't supposed to be any pressure, if that line is clear and unobstructed then you have something clogging it inside the motor

400man
02-06-2011, 06:18 PM
if this problem was left unchecked or fixed, what kind of problems would it cause? cause the bike is for sale and I dont want to dig into the motor and find more problems

DnB_racing
02-06-2011, 06:40 PM
remind me not to buy anything from you!!!! but really you should just drain the oil then keep drain plug and fill out and try blowing into tube and see if it clears up!! dont sell someone a problem if at all possible, that's what gets you a bad reputation!!!!if there is internal problems then thats the chance you take but be honest when selling,

400man
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM
well then I guess I bit the bullet when I bought the bike in the first place. the guy said there was nothing at all wrong with the bike when I looked at it and test rode it, seemed fine to me and everything. I am a honest seller and ive sold/traded several bikes, and sometimes being too honest can ruin the deal when your trying to sell or trade (which I have done before too)

I have a 400ex and this 450r now (first 450 for me) I thought I would like the bike more than my 400, but I just cant get a good feel for it cause my 400ex rides and handles so much better for me in the woods. sure its alot slower, but for me to enjoy the 450r I would have to get the suspension redone and I really dont need to be spending alot of money on it now....thats why I decided on trying to re-sale it before I put a bunch of extra money in it that I wont get back.....did way to much of that with my old 250r :o