PDA

View Full Version : lowered seats?

Lquad71
02-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know if anybody makes seats with lower foam? are the quadtech hump seat lower, or do they just have the raised rear portion of the seat?

rollie
02-05-2011, 01:53 PM
you could always just cut the foam down and put the seat cover back on, i was going to do that this past off season but you need one of those electric meat cutting knifes, and the stock foam really isnt that thick, or atleast i didn't think it was thick enough to take some out and still be comfortable. i dont really care about being comfortable while im riding but sitting, waiting for your race to come up can take a while haha

fomospede
02-05-2011, 01:57 PM
no way dude you can sand it to your desired height and contour it as u wish
i have done this on custom chopper seats as well as the kids drr
be careful and take your time as always
start with 80 grit on a DA sander

DnB_racing
02-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Lquad71
Does anyone know if anybody makes seats with lower foam? are the quadtech hump seat lower, or do they just have the raised rear portion of the seat? the quad tech seat have just as much foam on them if not a little more even!!

why do you want less foam??there isn't that much to start with on the 450

fomospede
02-05-2011, 07:43 PM
short inseam :D

Lquad71
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
i want the shorter seat so that i can get lower in corners. plus im hardly ever sitting down in mx, unless it is in a corner but u arent really on the seat. Im also going to be getting a lowered subframe soon. Pretty much just want it low.

DEVINF450R
02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
LOWERING THE SUBFRAME WILL BE ENOUGH