PDA

View Full Version : Tonights the night Part 2...

QuadJunkies
02-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Ok well, tomorrows the day..Im so stoked !!!! I was just wondering ,any of you have last minute advice for my first flattrack race??? Ill post pics late Sat .night of the race.....;) Tina

Ryan
02-14-2003, 12:20 PM
The only advice I got for you is ride ride like he11. "Hit the gas and hall ***** :D ."

Good luck!

AtvMxRider
02-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Just don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. If someone is faster let them go by. just watch and be careful ;)

luvmyex
02-14-2003, 07:34 PM
I still say flash em :devil Good luck and have fun.

AtvMxRider
02-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
I still say flash em :devil Good luck and have fun.

Somebody get pics if you do;) .

seven
02-15-2003, 11:28 AM
On this track you will want to stay as close to the hay bails as possible. The outside line is slower due to the fact that the track is FLAT. Even if you have to go slower into the corner protect that inside lane. Almost all pasiing is done when somebody messes up and they sneek down the inside. If they are a lot faster they will get around you on the outside but not always. There is ussually lots of rubing going on to. (Not the good kind either). Stay safe

Juggalo
02-15-2003, 12:51 PM
just keep the rubber side down man

Rip_Tear
02-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Good luck! I agree with Juggalo, keep the rubber side down, and you better do good :D

tants
02-15-2003, 02:11 PM
dont let off the throttle!

also...... have fun, be safe, ride hard!

toby400ex
02-15-2003, 03:07 PM
go fast and dont crash:p

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by seven
On this track you will want to stay as close to the hay bails as possible. The outside line is slower due to the fact that the track is FLAT. Even if you have to go slower into the corner protect that inside lane. Almost all pasiing is done when somebody messes up and they sneek down the inside. If they are a lot faster they will get around you on the outside but not always. There is ussually lots of rubing going on to. (Not the good kind either). Stay safe SEVEN~~~ Thanks for all the good advice, it was really nice meeting you tonight at the track, I will PM you my number and we will hook up sometime to ride:) WEll first of all I have to say NO INJURIES and no broken quad parts!:D (whew)..I must say this was the time of my life, it was so scary and fun all in the same breath:eek: ,I have found a new love for racing ...I DEF want to modify for the next indoor track season .As for me ,I held my own, I didnt take home any trophies but I stayed on it and held my postion for the most part... As you know this was my first race, and also our friend (Raptor Rules) first race..HEHE, sorry Ryan I have to say this,.. I have braggin rights for a change on you....Muahahaha.....:devil Ryan on the Raptor tried to take my postiton by powering on the outside ,but I held my line and ran it smooth:D .. the first practice with Troy and I ,Troy placed third, but noticed his PSI was still of a bit,he ran 5 and a hlf on the right rear, and 3 on the leftand lowered his front end..This made things MUCH better for him.. In the first heat for me, I too seemed a bit tippy, but used a lil more body english on the corners and it seemed to help, although I think I too could have changed my PSI a bit and ran better.In both heats I placed in fifth..In the first heat, Troy took first :blah He did AWESOME! and in his second he was in first position un til they were down to the last lap, he got tagged by the LT250R and through him off course,he ended up taken fourth:( ..Im so glad I tried the track now.. I encourage all you women to nut it up!! Ill post some pics in the morning I dont have many, because our buddy needs to take photo class..LOL... Tina

AtvMxRider
02-16-2003, 05:38 AM
I knew you could do it. I'm proud of ya ;) .

Knight440
02-16-2003, 05:44 AM
I dont have many, because our buddy needs to take photo class..LOL... Tina

You got that problem too:rolleyes:

Way to go QJ glad to hear you had a good time:macho

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:16 AM
WEll here ya go, like I said not too many to post , Im so bummed the season is over..:( Im ready to go at it again:p This ifrst one is of Rator Rules.. Way to go Ryan:):): Hey Ryan...I didt post your placing cause I wasnt sure what they were..:confused:

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:16 AM

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:20 AM
me(from what you can see:rolleyes: )

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:23 AM
OH, I frogot to metion how cold it was too, I read the weather when we got home and because of the wind the wind chill was 22 degrees...:eek: I was frozen even with layers of clothing..In this pic you can see where the Troy is laeding the way,:( this corner for somereason was a tough one fro alot of the riders the one on the opposite side was also, alot looser dirt and my razrs just LOVED that :grr

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:25 AM
. Im just glad not to be one of the two that bit it really good out there..

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:25 AM

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:28 AM
here was last weeks trouble maker, seems that he STILL likes to play dirty..:mad: .. Oh well I guess he will learn the hard way, Troy told me he is srunning a pipe and nere re-jetted, hmmm Im thinkin hole in piston soon:p

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:30 AM
I think someone bit it here:eek:

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:31 AM

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:33 AM
:D

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:34 AM

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:36 AM

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:37 AM
is that a rear brake light I see!:eek: shame shame..:p

Chef
02-16-2003, 10:37 AM
Get on AIM QJ! :D

Ryan
02-16-2003, 10:38 AM
Great Job QuadJunkies :D . Nice pictures also:cool: !

So next week...Do you plan on smoking Troy:eek: ;) .

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:41 AM
me and this guy did a lil tire bumpen but he didnt get buy me..:D

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:41 AM
me..

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:42 AM
..maybe next time ill place better...:(

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:43 AM
last one...

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I knew you could do it. I'm proud of ya ;) . Thank you Jerry...;)

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Great Job QuadJunkies :D . Nice pictures also:cool: !

So next week...Do you plan on smoking Troy:eek: ;) . HAHA... I have to work next wk end and that is the last day for the season...hehe he told me he told a frined of his he was worried after watching me on the practice run that i just might whoop him !:p :cool: Hes a WAY better riderthan i am and powers it on the corners more than me ill feel better about the corners when i modify a bit;)

dabombdale
02-16-2003, 11:53 AM
it looks like you had a lot of fun!!! :devil

Rip_Tear
02-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Good job Tina, atleast you went out there and raced! :D It will give the person with the camera some time to get better, those pics aren't that bad :D

Ryan
02-16-2003, 03:55 PM
As long as you had fun its good, no matter what place you where in ;) .

I thought I heard you say somthing about replacing your engine? If you work on a better TT setup and a faster motor I think you will leave Troy in the dust ;) :D .

Did you ever get spacers for your quad? That would be really good if you plan on doing alot of Flat Track racing!

infantry317
02-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Congrats on throwing your hat in the ring! I'm hoping to go do my second MX in a week or two. Go get em Tina!
Scott

QuadJunkies
02-16-2003, 11:53 PM
As long as you had fun its good, no matter what place you where in ;) .

I thought I heard you say somthing about replacing your engine? If you work on a better TT setup and a faster motor I think you will leave Troy in the dust ;) :D .

Did you ever get spacers for your quad? That would be really good if you plan on doing alot of Flat Track racing! Yes, I have been trying to score on a motorthat is for sale by another exrider,but I havent heard back from him yet, so we will see...:( I am still needing to get spacers but im not sure which ones to get:confused: some say NOT to get spacers,others say its ok...I do jump some,but not big air yet:o would this be the best way for me to go.?? We met a guy who is giving me a lowering kit for free!!:D I have plenty of time to get ll that is needed,but Im really hoping for the 330 motor soon:cool: INFANTRY317 GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RACE:blah Let me know how you did;)

Chef
02-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Hey Tina, get on AIM!!!!!:D

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 12:43 AM
~~~SEVEN~~~ I was wondering, since you know the track and you saw the race, can you give me some pointers for the next race??Did I do ok for my first race???Have there been very many women that race quads??I have heard of one some time back, I would love to see a womens class, but I dont mind either class, justwould be fun to see some of the gilrs get nutty out there too;)

QuadTrix6
02-17-2003, 05:09 AM
good job nice pics

AtvMxRider
02-17-2003, 05:58 AM
I would definetly get some spacers. You don't jump enough where they are going to hurt anything.

seven
02-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Are you going to race next weekend? If so I will bring some tires down for you to try if you want to. The most important thing on that track is setup. Wheel spacers are a good idea annd they will help you go around faster. Tire setup is next, usually turf tamers and car radials work best, But it depends on the bike. Once in a while hoosiers will work good but not very often. Last you need a sway bar if you want to set it up all the way. They make going fast easier. The guy that was with me said he had a old one he would let go for 40$ if you are interested.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by seven
Are you going to race next weekend? If so I will bring some tires down for you to try if you want to. The most important thing on that track is setup. Wheel spacers are a good idea annd they will help you go around faster. Tire setup is next, usually turf tamers and car radials work best, But it depends on the bike. Once in a while hoosiers will work good but not very often. Last you need a sway bar if you want to set it up all the way. They make going fast easier. The guy that was with me said he had a old one he would let go for 40$ if you are interested. unfortunately I cant, I am working that wk end.I DEF will next season,so this will give me plenty of time to prepare for it.I would still like to get spacers now though,any reccomendations on the best ones to buy?? and how far to psace front and back to?Wont the lowering kit help alot too?

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention,I am thinking about a new rear axle..Any suggestions?

AtvMxRider
02-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Oh, I forgot to mention,I am thinking about a new rear axle..Any suggestions?

Lonestar!;)

luvmyex
02-17-2003, 02:07 PM
little late here but congrats on the race.Glad to see you made it tru and did pretty good.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:09 PM
thanks everyone ...;) I found a few more odds and ends for pics... here they are

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thanks everyone ...;) I found a few more odds and ends for pics... here they are

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Ryan and I lining up I think here...

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:12 PM
me ahead of Ryan now..hehe(this was only a practice run here );)

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:13 PM

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:14 PM
LOL....

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:18 PM
Troy..

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Ryan...( you dork):p ;) You did great man...

YamaWarr0121
02-17-2003, 03:53 PM
hey look the raptors winking at me;)

Rip_Tear
02-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Looks like your almost ready for next season now :D Good luck with all the stuff going on QJ :D

Ryan
02-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Well all wheel spacers are pretty similar to eachother. I have hit many jumps with mine but they cracked eventually when I started going big ;). You could try these Wheel Spacers? I think they are priced around $60 to $90 got two!

Durablue EZ-Fit Wheel Spacers

Improves handling and stability of nearly any ATV! Widens the front wheel track by 3" (for 1.5" wide spacers) and the rear wheel track by 5" (for 2.5" wide spacers), in only minutes! Simply screw on the stud extenders, slip in the wheel spacers, and re-install your wheels. For use when the inside access of the hub is limitied.

If you get that new motor and some other TT mods you will be spankin everybody ;) :D .

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Well all wheel spacers are pretty similar to eachother. I have hit many jumps with mine but they cracked eventually when I started going big ;). You could try these Wheel Spacers? I think they are priced around $60 to $90 got two!

Durablue EZ-Fit Wheel Spacers

Improves handling and stability of nearly any ATV! Widens the front wheel track by 3" (for 1.5" wide spacers) and the rear wheel track by 5" (for 2.5" wide spacers), in only minutes! Simply screw on the stud extenders, slip in the wheel spacers, and re-install your wheels. For use when the inside access of the hub is limitied.

If you get that new motor and some other TT mods you will be spankin everybody ;) :D . I think these were the same ones another member here told me about,I think Ill get them next week:) Thanks...

QuadJunkies
02-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
hey look the raptors winking at me;) HAHA,yeah I think he broke that offf when jumping at St. Anthonys.He took a big nose dive and freaked us out:eek: I thought he broke both his legs on that jump..Ryan, I THink he plans of fixen it up here soon..~~~Rip_tear........Thanks:)

Rapture Rules
02-18-2003, 09:22 AM
My bike is called the one eyed willie becouse it lost it's othe light in a killer reck that messed up a couple other things on the bike as well. Tina you did great on the race so did troy. I think overall the three of us did awsome.

angelon400ex
02-18-2003, 07:55 PM
WHOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Tina! You go girl! I am so glad you got to experience the thrill and I think you did fantastic! Can't wait to catch up with you and hear more. Angela

angelon400ex
02-18-2003, 08:04 PM
WHOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Tina! You go girl! I am so glad you got to experience the thrill and I think you did fantastic! Can't wait to catch up with you and hear more. Angela