PDA

View Full Version : trx250r plastics what do you like

markk
02-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Alright guys- tax return is in- and im looking to buy a set of plastics for my project bike- OEM plastic is out of my reach--- so i was wanting to know what is the best replacement plastic that i can buy. Somthing that mounts easy and looks good. Im looking for a full fender set. and im lookin for red.

what brands do you guys like??

troybilt
02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Full bore or Maier are about your only options for full-fenders that I'm aware of... Lakers are nice but I've never seen full fender Lakers. Other issue with Lakers is no options for hoods, if that matters to you...

I've had decent luck with Maier OEM replacement fenders, full fender FB can take 6-8 wks to get special order, but are probably a little nicer...

Like you said none are better than OEM's, but OEMS are too expensive.

danhung11
02-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Ordered a white set two weeks ago, called the dealership yesterday and they said they should have them by the 18th.

They are thick and sturdy, and do not flop around.

gtilley45
02-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Ordered a white set two weeks ago, called the dealership yesterday and they said they should have them by the 18th.

They are thick and sturdy, and do not flop around.

Really? I'd been hearing that white fullbore was taking forever to get right now. Did you order race cut? I want a set of white race cut as soon as I get my tax return.

danhung11
02-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by gtilley45
Really? I'd been hearing that white fullbore was taking forever to get right now. Did you order race cut? I want a set of white race cut as soon as I get my tax return.

That's what my hometown dealership quoted, so we will see. I'm in no hurry, just collecting parts now for the build. I did order white, race cut.

gtilley45
02-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I'm not ready to do a rebuild yet either. But I'm probably gonna go ahead and order the plastic just because I've been hearing it takes so long to get it.

dlunn
02-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I contacted Fullbore on the 22nd of January and was told late February for full fender white.

danhung11
02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by dlunn
I contacted Fullbore on the 22nd of January and was told late February for full fender white.

I think it was the white pellets they were waiting for, so hopefully they'll start rolling again.

DnB_racing
02-05-2011, 03:37 PM
does the race cuts look the same as the full fronts, just cut shorter? or are there more differences??

250Renvy
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Like, I think it's been stated, there is only 2 choices, Maier and fullbore.

Maier is a little more flimsy, but if you get some beefier fender supports, they are not too bad.

Fullbore, doesn't have fender supports so I'm not sure how sturdy they will be in the front and as far as I can tell, are cut higher so they give less coverage from mud.

If you are looking for Red, there happens to be a fullbore front on ebay, but it's always advisable to order together to get a matching color, sometimes they differ from run to run.

markk
02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy

If you are looking for Red, there happens to be a fullbore front on ebay, but it's always advisable to order together to get a matching color, sometimes they differ from run to run.

thank you envy---- that the kinda information that im wanting to know!!!