PDA

View Full Version : hybrid crf 450

82toyota
02-05-2011, 02:27 AM
im doing a hybrid crf 450 on a 400ex frame just need a lil bit help what do i need to buy beside a arms swing and motor...

mx Eli
02-05-2011, 08:04 AM
everything else that makes a quad :p

haha but its true your gana need everything else

250x_kyle
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
as far as the swingarm goes you either need to find one that was built for the crf conversion or you will need to have a stocker milled down, motor mounts will all need to be custom made. chain will need to be aligned. custom intake will need built as well as a custom exhaust system. kick start extender will need to be made to clear the frame. you will need a radiator wich i would recomend an oversized 250r.

mx Eli
02-05-2011, 02:24 PM
in the first couple pages of this subforum there is a thread on this conversion in good detail

82toyota
02-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by mx Eli
everything else that makes a quad :p

haha but its true your gana need everything else

so there was no need fot this right here ^^^^^^^^^ thanks thou

82toyota
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
as far as the swingarm goes you either need to find one that was built for the crf conversion or you will need to have a stocker milled down, motor mounts will all need to be custom made. chain will need to be aligned. custom intake will need built as well as a custom exhaust system. kick start extender will need to be made to clear the frame. you will need a radiator wich i would recomend an oversized 250r.

thanks

mx Eli
02-05-2011, 07:16 PM
sorry if i came off a little rude didnt mean to be like that

btw there has been a couple really good write ups on this conversion in this subforum do a search and should come up with most of them

82toyota
02-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by mx Eli
sorry if i came off a little rude didnt mean to be like that

btw there has been a couple really good write ups on this conversion in this subforum do a search and should come up with most of them

it ok im seeing everyone on here doing a hybird so i thou it would be a easy thing........i not going to back out i well just make it a roller and buy other thing before i buy the motor.......

250x_kyle
02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 82toyota
it ok im seeing everyone on here doing a hybird so i thou it would be a easy thing........i not going to back out i well just make it a roller and buy other thing before i buy the motor.......

easy would be building a production quad :p . best be would be to get the swingarm and rear shock you want as well as the motor and radiator so you can start fab work.