PDA

View Full Version : arenacross race video

thequadfather+2
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Shot with an Android phone. Just a little action from Moto #1. The youngster of the group pulled the hole shot and held everyone off until the last lap. Big brother was breathing down his back and even showed alot of patience. The leader came under assualt with the checker flag coming out and fell back to 3rd. He put up a good fight though...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKq7ARR2zxU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKq7ARR2zxU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

thequadfather+2
02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
This video only last for 2 laps because Jordan crashes and the person filming ran over to help. Again, The little one gets the hole shot and his big brother and the #8 Apex was all over his rear-end when (2nd lap) they hooked wheels in the whoops and flipped both quads. Kids were ok but both quads were damaged. I think the race was going to be a good one....:D

BTW: Brady went on to win the moto, rode his butt off. Hope he is a good addition to the 50 class this year.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cOZRhlu5vqQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cOZRhlu5vqQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Rich243
02-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Excellent riding by both Brady and Jordan. I was actually impressed by all of the kids and we had a great time other than the 4+ hour break. Andrew wants to do it again so we will try and get to another one before they end this year. Good luck with Nationals!

thequadfather+2
02-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Thanks Rich, the video that I shot is still being edited. It has some pretty good footage of all the kids. I should have it ready soon and will post it here on this thread today, hopefully. My brother-in-law filmed these with his phone so he just got the 8-11 (90cc) race. Check back later...:D

thequadfather+2
02-05-2011, 10:03 AM
This is just some of the other action I shot and edited from Rainsville, same race as the other two videos above

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CdP2dB-0_xA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CdP2dB-0_xA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Rich243
02-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Very Cool!!!

travis rimmer
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
thats y were going to all of them we want to be on the videos lol we had a great time and all the rumors are true bruce is one hell of a nice guy it was nice to meet everyone there we will have our quad dailed by the next one man that thing was slow off the line and out the turns brady and jordan rode awesome they should do great in the nationals the video dosent do justice to how fast the kids were they were all flying great job bruce u sure u dont have a second camera job:D

thequadfather+2
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
You are right about the video taking away the speed. I notice it when we watch the race and then I see it on film, it always looks slower....The video stuff is really just a hobby. I have a cheap 200 dollar video camera and 100 dollar editing software, I really need a better camera. I would like to get one of those Cannon HD's.

At the Nationals, both ATVriders and Road & Dirt usually get some footage but its always the big quads and pros. Nobody focuses on the youth riders. When I filmed a few races last year I tried to shoot the youth classes, staging, vendors, campers, ect so anyone looking on youtube (or here) could see what the races were really all about, not just the pros on the track. Last year at BG, Kentucky I had 40 minutes of youth racing on video.

Maybe a few folks that see the videos will decide to give it a try and come to a race; local, regional or national.

Giving a quad to another kid to let him race is just part of what makes this sport fun. I did it beause kids dont understand when things arent going right. If he would have beat my kids, he still would have been invited for dinner when we grilled that evening and I would have been glad to see him do it. I would not have thought twice about it, we would have gave him high-fives and knuckle bumps because he deserved them. Parents can ruin the race for everyone by the way they act and I wont be like that. All I want from my kids on the track is 100% effort. I was more satisfied when Jordan came in 3rd a few weeks ago chasing Alex and Ryan Walters around the track. He had to work hard just to stay with them and then made it a good race. Dawson on his #8 Apex pushes Jordan harder than anyone, thats what I want to see, stuff like that.

Chip (CRBOGGAN) has loaned his quad several times when another kids quad broke or would not start while sitting in staging or on the gate. He is always the first the one there to help work on your quad when it breaks down. He will make sure your slipper sprocket is torqued while he is doing his. He dissassembled the lights in his trailer to give me a screw I needed to fix something at Rainsville. Without people like that our tenure in this sport would probably have already ended.

"And I think thats why yellow makes me sad......":D :D

CRBOGGAN
02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Got the lights fixed back lol and now we have a coffee can full of screws and nuts and bolts in the trailer. I am not the best example for the kids but all us adults have to remember about all the little eyes and ears around us. Keep the vids coming Bruce we all like them.

cudon12979
02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
These videos are awesome.

travis rimmer
02-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I say we all get together and get him one of those cannon hd's :D