PDA

View Full Version : gasket thickness

bigballz400
02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
anyone know how thick OEM honda case gaskets are?? like how many thousandths of an inch

bc i kno different gasket makers use different material , i have ordered a case gasket and it was offly thin feelin to me, was jus curious to as if anyone might know

i put cases together with yamabond only and the cases were too tight on counter shaft, so i orded a gasket, it free spins now but was still curious to the thickness of the case gasket or any of the gaskets, base gasket ect..

CJM
02-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Im not sure since I dont have one laying about to measure. Had to guess, the paper gaskets are slightly thicker than a regular plain jane 8x11 computer paper.

bigballz400
02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
found a piece of the old OEM case gasket its .0205 or .021 of an inch........the newer gaskets i got r right at .019

CJM
02-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I think thats such a slight difference it shouldnt matter.

togup
02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Ive never had clearance issues and i dont use a gasket

bigballz400
02-05-2011, 11:29 PM
idk i put it all back together with no gasket and the counter shaft was hard to spin.....so i broke them loose thought i did something wrong
tryed again
samething so i bought a gasket
broke them apart for a 3rd time, put in gasket in,its much better but still feels rough compair to another one i have beside it........the clutch shaft spins fine and the crank spins fine jus kinda weird once it has pressure on from sides its rough once pressure is let off it spins free who knos maybe it has a bad bearing in it.......worse case, ill have to tear it apart again........its just a spare motor but kinda bugs me

togup
02-06-2011, 04:46 AM
has the motor set up without being oiled for a long time ,maybe it has some dry bearings and just to make sure i under stand you are you thinking that your jug cylinder is coming in contact with the counter ballancer?

togup
02-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Ok, I was confused ,your talking about your case gaskets i thought you were talking about the jug /case gasket, ignore my stupidity!

bigballz400
02-06-2011, 12:27 PM
i lubed all the bearings up with lucas , lubed the trani, lubed the shifting forks shifting shaft, shifting drum, its all lubed up