PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

BoneStockHonda
02-04-2011, 07:49 PM
I've been wanting a 450 for awhile now cause I'm bored of my 400 and rather buy a better quad then spend the money on making the 400 comparable. Well, I recently fractured my neck and my doctor told me no quads, dirtbikes, gokarts, sleds, jetski, etc. for 1 year. It's gonna be practically impossible for me to stay off my quad when I see it everytime I walk out in the garage. So I figured my best idea would be to sell the 400 to keep me off of it. Plus I'll probably get more for it now then in a year from now when I can ride and want to buy a 450 (and theres no sense in keeping the 400 if it's going to sit for a year). Well here's where I run into my problem. I bought my 400 used back in 07 when I was 14, I payed for it entirely myself and all the parts on it. Well I told my dad I want to sell the 400 instead of letting it sit for a year. He told me no and to stop being crazy and thinks I'm only saying this cause I've been pretty depressed since the injury. I told him there's no point in me keeping it cause it's gonna sit and his arguement was I can still ride it before a year but not like I usually ride (which is pointless because putting around is boring as s***). I know there's quite a few dads on here so I'm just asking for some help. I really want to sell it for my own good and because it will be a better choice finicially in the future. How can I pursued him into believing I actually want to do this and letting me do?

Thanks in advance - Matt

CJM
02-04-2011, 08:06 PM
If it were me, Id keep it and putt putt around. You will never get what you paid for it, never ever ever-so selling it will only help you get closer to the 450 price tag but not there.

Its your call, but if I worked my butt off for something I wouldnt give it up. I had 2 other vehicles, I only sold the one cause it refused to start after awhile and woulda been most costly to fix than keep. Still have my F250 rusting away that Im gonna fix, I spent 4 years looking for one that wasnt beat to heck and found it and Im not letting it go.

Whatver you decide its up to you.

BoneStockHonda
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll get what I paid for it. I only paid $2500 back in 2007 and the quad is only a 2005 and the quad is still in great shape.

CJM
02-04-2011, 09:45 PM
If your lucky, Ive been seeing them sell for 1500-2000g at best.

Its your quad and I can only offer advice, but I still say you should keep it.

Tommy Warren
02-04-2011, 09:51 PM
are you going to still have that money to put towards a 450 in a year? if you sell it you'll blow the money if you keep it you'll just be riding your money around for a year;)

250rsforlife
02-05-2011, 08:12 AM
you should part it out over the year and then maybe you can make some more money instead of selling it whole

bbender85
02-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
are you going to still have that money to put towards a 450 in a year?

exactly...IMO if you have the will power to keep the money for a year i say sell it. wait until spring fever hits and people are willing to pay a premium for a quad... then buy your 450 next winter when people are giving them away.

i was in the same boat as you in '09... built my 400 and got tired of fixing it after every ride... bought this LTR over the winter last year and my built 400 doesn't even compare to this 450 stock.

TheLane
02-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I think you should keep it, if you truely love riding as much as you say you do, putting is better than nothing.

any quad is better than no quad!

fastredrider44
02-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Putt putting is a very hard thing to do for some. I say sell it now, and put your money in a savings acct for a 450 when you're released to ride. Otherwise, you may very well blow through it.

TheLane
02-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Putt putting is a very hard thing to do for some. I say sell it now, and put your money in a savings acct for a 450 when you're released to ride. Otherwise, you may very well blow through it.

yeah i know what you mean, i still think that having to putt around would be better than not riding at all.

but im as much of a scenic route fan as i am a fan of more serious riding.

BoneStockHonda
02-05-2011, 11:02 AM
yeah the money would go straight into a savings account and I would put a 1 year CD on the account so I'll get a higher interest rate and then I won't be able to take the money before the 1 year without an added fee