View Full Version : Any Massage/ Physical Therapists here ?

QuadJunkies
02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Im reading on your bodies toxins and Im getting mixed reviews..
reason being, I ve you heard of or ever experienced a Massage hangover"
I know that sounds funny ,but unless you have had it -it not funny at all. :p This was what I experienced afte a 1- hour massage of my back and shoulders mainly. some under the base of my skull as well for migraines and tension. This was not a deep tissue, although I thought thats what I was getting. Its more more light to medium,except for alot of pressure around muscles down the spine...

Ever had really bad vertigo ? drunk spins at bedtime pretty much sums this up :scary:

It sucks bad
I almost couldnt drive myself home . LOL! Im stuck couch or I get dizzy
I wanna know what I can do or NOT do the next time I got into a massage therapist. She told me I had alot of knots and some upper tension, not enough time in my hour to cover all of me, so Ill be going back , but to someone knew .

I thought I was getting a deep tissue but it wasnt. I cant imagine how I would have felt had I had that :huh

So is it due to releasing alot of toxins out of my muscles ?? Or is that a crock of BS. Ive read mixed reviews, but I dont want to go through this again so Id liek to know what to avoid next time .

My Therapist seemed kinda unsure .

LTandRaptorider
02-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Tina, first if your massage therapist is unsure, then you def should pick another one. Yes, what you are experiencing is from toxins being released. Did she tell you to drink water after the massage? LOTS of water over the evening after a massage is very important. I had a couple of lumps in the lower back which was calcium buildup. She worked them out mostly. That cause pain spreading down to the butt for a couple of days, but then went away. Some pain for a day or so after a massage is normal. But like I said, drinking water, I think like at least 32oz. after a massage is very important. And that is about all the advice I know! lol

HondaPohl
02-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I had the drunk spins after I came back from the Chiropractor once. I was not drinking. Just went to bed and everything was spinning with my eyes open or shut. Had to get up and walk around for an hour and it went away. Massages or any kind of work to your mucsles or bones i would think would release something in your body. I never had it again.

ben300
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
ya, like LT said, when you work your muscle tissue, deep or shallow, with a message and such, toxins are released into your body and into your blood stream.

you need to drink a tremendous amount of water afterwards. This will dilute the toxins and flush them from your body.

i had a chiropractor once who used to do deep muscle stretches on my back in order to loosen my right shoulder. he told me to drink water and everything was fine.

ben300
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
ya, like LT said, when you work your muscle tissue, deep or shallow, with a message and such, toxins are released into your body and into your blood stream.

you need to drink a tremendous amount of water afterwards. This will dilute the toxins and flush them from your body.

i had a chiropractor once who used to do deep muscle stretches on my back in order to loosen my right shoulder. he told me to drink water and everything was fine.

QuadJunkies
02-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Huh..weird. ok

I guess i just dont get how toxins makes you feel like that but ok lol
Thanks. Glad it not just because im a blonde. Lol :o

LTandRaptorider
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Glad it not just because im a blonde. Lol :o

After telling my massage therapist your symptoms she asked... Is she a blond?"!! :eek: :devil:

Quad18star
02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
After telling my massage therapist your symptoms she asked... Is she a blond?"!! :eek: :devil:

Ya but your massage therapist also asks if you want a happy ending ... so there's no surprise there !!!

:cool:

QuadJunkies
02-05-2011, 01:57 PM
LOL :p

insaneracin2003
05-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Well Hiyas QJ...Long time no see. How has everything been?? besides your latest massage episode....You still got my purple 400???
Anyways, My wife is a LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist). We just opened her business 2 months ago. LT is correct about the toxins in your body, and yes, you need to drink plenty of water afterwards. Another thing I noticed you said that she was working with your soine...that is a no-no. She should have been working the muscles on an outward direction, not actually on/near your spine....You therapist should also know any symptoms you have and should be able to give advice on what is happening.
I will check with my wife and get a better understanding for you.

QuadJunkies
07-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
Well Hiyas QJ...Long time no see. How has everything been?? besides your latest massage episode....You still got my purple 400???
Anyways, My wife is a LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist). We just opened her business 2 months ago. LT is correct about the toxins in your body, and yes, you need to drink plenty of water afterwards. Another thing I noticed you said that she was working with your soine...that is a no-no. She should have been working the muscles on an outward direction, not actually on/near your spine....You therapist should also know any symptoms you have and should be able to give advice on what is happening.
I will check with my wife and get a better understanding for you.
A little late replying. LOL
Things here at home are hectic as usual. lol
I still have my honda. She still runs like a charm ! Mainly ride it for pit quad at the races and Troy uses it to chase the kids in the Desert .
Thanks for the info. I havent retruned to the same lady. I actually dont knosw that Ill ever do it as sick as it made me . took the relaxation out of it .lol :ermm:

LTandRaptorider
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
A little late replying. LOL
Things here at home are hectic as usual. lol
I still have my honda. She still runs like a charm ! Mainly ride it for pit quad at the races and Troy uses it to chase the kids in the Desert .
Thanks for the info. I havent retruned to the same lady. I actually dont knosw that Ill ever do it as sick as it made me . took the relaxation out of it .lol :ermm:

Tina, going to a therapist that knows what they're doing makes a big difference! btw... Did you see my pics on FB a month ago on what I had done to take care of my bad shoulder pain? 2 discs in my neck where damaged too much from my quad crash 7 years ago... So I now have cadaver bone and plate and screws in my neck. Made an immediate difference.

QuadJunkies
07-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Tina, going to a therapist that knows what they're doing makes a big difference! btw... Did you see my pics on FB a month ago on what I had done to take care of my bad shoulder pain? 2 discs in my neck where damaged too much from my quad crash 7 years ago... So I now have cadaver bone and plate and screws in my neck. Made an immediate difference.
i did! :scary: looked painful!
I think i migjt be treating myself to some tests this fall. Somethings not quite right and ive put it off long enough. I just hate dr.s they suck ya dry. :rolleyes: