PDA

View Full Version : 416 to 400?

dxcody
02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
I have a 416 and i just bought it about 2 weeks ago. i'm not sure if i like the idea of it being bored out or not, i would rather just have a stock one and cam it and new exhaust high comp piston and so on.. i found a good deal on a stock bore cylinder with a high comp piston (sleeve and everything is included) I wont have to change anything else will i? it should just be all set with stock bore and new cylinder and everything? I know a 416 isnt much bigger but im not entirely sure it was rebuilt right.. anyone want to give me an opinion as to what i should do? thanks! :)

bkelley
02-04-2011, 02:11 AM
Well, if it was done right, that 416 will be just as reliable as stock. That's the beauty of a 416 build. Plus, if you do run into any problems, you still have room to move to a 426 with that same cylinder. Or you could get a new top end and go back to stock then. I don't see any reason to revert back to stock if nothing is wrong.

-TheDude-
02-04-2011, 05:14 AM
+1^^^ that 416 will run forever. keep it

DragonGunner
02-04-2011, 06:10 AM
What makes you think it wasn't rebuilt right? The 416 is very reliable...if it doesn't have a high compression piston you can always buy one, have the cylinder checked an honed an your good to go....416 all the way.

dxcody
02-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
What makes you think it wasn't rebuilt right? The 416 is very reliable...if it doesn't have a high compression piston you can always buy one, have the cylinder checked an honed an your good to go....416 all the way.

it seems to miss fire quite a bit, but it could be the plug wire.. it didnt really feel like it was fitting right when i put it back on. but yea i will have it checked and everything, thanks the for the advice!

slightlybent47
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
A 416 should be as reliable as a 400. My 416 has held up to everything I can throw at it and it still runs perfect. Why would you ever want to go backwards?