PDA

View Full Version : superduty450 beware of this seller

jkiserracing
02-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Just be careful. I tried buying an exhaust from this guy. He sent me pics via text but was very rude and said I needed to pay his pay pal fees or send a money order (not a safe way to pay online) Also was not happy with my offer to send a pre paid shiping. He didnt want me to control the shipping is what I beleive. After his rude comments to me via text (and this from someone supposedly trying to sell an item) the thread mysteriously dissapeared.

Just be careful is all. I have a feeling that you pay......you then get nothing in return!

superduty450
02-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
Just be careful. I tried buying an exhaust from this guy. He sent me pics via text but was very rude and said I needed to pay his pay pal fees or send a money order (not a safe way to pay online) Also was not happy with my offer to send a pre paid shiping. He didnt want me to control the shipping is what I beleive. After his rude comments to me via text (and this from someone supposedly trying to sell an item) the thread mysteriously dissapeared.

Just be careful is all. I have a feeling that you pay......you then get nothing in return!
Comment Not comments
If "go buy a new one " is rude after your low balling attempts I am sorry i hurt your feelings.
I would rather ship it myself for multiple reasons :
1)where do i drop box off??
2)my local hardware store ships ups and puts the boxes that need to be shipped in a pile by the door for the ups man. What if box gets stolen before ups guy pics up??
3) How do you know the Size of the box and weight of item shipping which determines price??

I can provide references if needed.

Again sorry for hurting your feelings.

jkiserracing
02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Ok look. Im just letting other potential buyers to know that your dealings left me feeling slightly uncomfortable doing business with you is all.

1. Offering you $340.00 and I pay shipping is a far cry from a "lowball attempt" Didn't you ask $350.00 shipped?? So lets do the math here... your post says: $350.00 shipped!!!!

I give you $350.00 via pay pal minus pay pal fees ($10.20) your net $339.80 THEN YOU go pay shipping (according to your area code you should be in PA area) and as you pointed out how do I know weight, size etc....its an exhaust?? So based on 12lbs in aprox 8x8x48 box coming from you to me (Im in GA) you should be around $14.00 (thats without adding any additional ins)
now your down to $325.80.

2. I offered you $340 AND I pay shipping. (lets keep in mind I never said I wouldnt pay the pay pal fees) but just for the sake of the argument, $340 minus $10.20 pay pal fee
you net $329.80

Now.....tell me again how thats low balling...(and again....let me remind you....I was considering paying the pay pal fees) If I did my math right (and I think I did) You net $4.00 more (or $14.20 had I went ahead and paid your fees) with MY offer over YOURS

Let me add one more thing about a pre paid label.....its simply a label emailed to you thats ...PRE PAID....no cost to you. Not only that...it really releases you from any involvement if it were lost or damaged.

Now....not to worry....my "feelings aren't hurt" at all.
You simply were rude abrupt and quite frankly I STILL have a bad feeling about anyone buying a thing from you.

I will say this...I DID take your advise and I bought elsewhere just like you told me to. Not something I would expect to hear from a person trying to conduct a legitimate sell. Thanks for the tip though. I found a nice exhaust from some one else who was happy to sell. Thanks again for the heads up NOT to buy yours.

superduty450
02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by jkiserracing

Moderator please deleate= No transaction took place But someones feelings were hurt and am Sorry.

jkiserracing
02-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Not the case of bad feelings. This is a case of a seller who simply either,

a. made a mistake or

b. may or may not have an exhaust to sell to begin with.

I personally got a bad vibe after only a few contacts with this person and I'm simply passing it along. It is up to each person here to do their own due diligance to decide for themselves when buying or selling to other individuals on this or any other forum for that matter.

This is the kind of experience I had with this particular person. Maybe someone else won't. Don't know. Decide for yourselves.

At any rate...I think it would be wise NOT to delete this thread so that others may be able to make a wise decision in the event this person (superduty450) is selling again to them.

Word to the wise. Figure your pay pal fees into the equasion to begin with. Its called: the cost of doing business!!

HondaPohl
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I suggest counseling if feelings are hurt:devil:

jkiserracing
02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Oh. My feelings are great. He told me to buy elsewhere. And elsewhere I did. I like what I got!!!

HondaPohl
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
I was just bustin ballz. At the end of the day, your lookin for parts. Not headaches.

jkiserracing
02-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh I know. No worries here. It all turned out fine for me in the long run anyway!