PDA

View Full Version : New ESR parts

tritty_wall
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey, I just got some new parts from ESR. I just wanted to see what you guys thought and had some questions. I got a new "pump gas" because I'm tired of driving all over the place to find race gas and paying out the A** for it. I'm running a ESR 350 PV with a 39mm PWK and a ESR TRX 5 pipe, will I see a Big difference? and should I be adding some octane booster to the pump gas? Also I got ESR reeds for my motor set up, I haven't seen or heard much about them, but I needed new ones and figured I'd give them a try. Anyone have good/day things to say about them? I know that the stock head bolts are to be set at 35 lbs, is this the same for ESR heads?

Thanks, Tristin

Grande Huevos
02-11-2011, 09:48 PM
will u see a big differance??? what kind motor did u run before or if it had any mods??? but if ur goin from a 265 to a ported 350 w all those other mods then hell yeah ur gonna see hear and feel a huge differance!!!!!!!!!! should be a BLAST! My esr 330 calls for 35 lbs as well and as for the octane booster i woulndt waste the money cuz its a huge miss conception that it actually adds octane if u read on the bottle it really only add a decimal of octane so it woulndt even take 91 oct up to 92 its a joke and waste of $$$ and prob causes more probs then it helps.

Grande Huevos
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
and just to be clear the cylinder base bolts r 35lbs the actual head is 22lbs

89trx250r
02-11-2011, 10:57 PM
yea i remeber seeing somewhere octane booster is not good for quads also im not certain cause i dont run a big bore but i think you might want a big bore pipe? i run a trx5 an dim just a 265 with mild porting...

Velvet-Casket
02-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Welll i JUST ordered a cr 250 ignition kit from esr! I really hope its really as good as its choked up to be. I will post a review after i put it on. If you dont have one, i would think it would be a must have for a 350 cylinder. I have a 310 kit and hope it skats. But i havent even rode it yet cause im still building it. So it will be a few weeks before i can post how it runs.

jcs003
02-11-2011, 11:50 PM
torco makes an octane booster. its called "accelerator." depending on you mix ratio it changes your octane rating. its about $25 for a 32 oz. bottle. i know guys who use it in their race cars.

tritty_wall
02-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I've been running the ESR 350PV with a race gas dome, I was wondering if I would see a big differance from the race gas, going back to pump gas. I have never run a motor with pump gas. No ones uses the ESR reeds? I have v-force 3 now, I liked them but needed new ones and went with ESR. Thanks