PDA

View Full Version : 70 / 90 Mod Frame

Rich243
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I have seen a bunch of mods built on differant frames. Bryan's (Ben) looks great with a Cobra Frame and JB long travel. Any opinions on which one / ones would be the best if you were building one from scratch. I have heard good things about the DC frame and of course the Cobra frames. We are running a Drr 70 with DC long travel at the moment but I see a Mod coming in the future......especially after Andrew learns to shift and then see's Ben's new Quad in person. I would like to get a plan in place and be ready down the road, if that is ever possible.

Thanks!

T@AFP
02-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Check into the Pitster Chassis.

I'm doing (3) KTM 85's for customers now. (1-XC, 2-MX)

Once I get the motor mounts back from the laser shop, I will post some pics of the builds.

Rich243
02-04-2011, 01:57 PM
What advantages / disadvantages do you see with the pitster frame vs the cobra frame.

jandjracing
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I think the JB chassis are top notch. Resale seems pretty good on them also. We have been running them hard for 5 years and have yet to crack one.

doonanracing
02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Fischer Racing out of Astabula, Ohio is another option. Bud is a great guy to deal with and quality is very high. We currently have a Fischer mod. JB, DC and Fischer are all a nice options for custom builts and all 3 are good people to deal with. These Mod's do seem to hold a higher value also when reselling. The nice thing about a Fischer or JB is you can use some parts from larger atv's. Such as we are using 04/05 spindles/hubs and new calipers off a Honda 450r which are much better than what we found on other mini's. Pitster and Cobra are a great oem platform to built off of and the above contact is a great source if using the Pitster. Really can't go wrong with any of them. Really comes down to costs and which atv your rider feels comfortable on.

Full Throttle00
02-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Always have to start with what is your budget. With what is out there for sale new & used you can spend as little as $2000-$17,000
For a couple of G'$ you can convert your DRR, a reasonable choice but for the budget minded racer but will either outgrow or not last in the long run.

Next I would agree with Tom, the Pitster is best bang for the buck with all that comes on Pitster out of the box, depending on how deep your pockets are and motor configuration you could be around $3500-$6500 for a mild build.

If your pockets are bigger, go with the JB. New builds cost around $15-17k+. . Extremely well built out of the box and can grow with your rider from 65cc, 85cc, 125, 150R, 250f motor configurations that will work.
I know of a few posted on here that are in excellent condition a fraction of the cost and worth every penny. ( mine included ) :blah:

T@AFP
03-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Rich243
I have seen a bunch of mods built on differant frames. Bryan's (Ben) looks great with a Cobra Frame and JB long travel. Any opinions on which one / ones would be the best if you were building one from scratch. I have heard good things about the DC frame and of course the Cobra frames. We are running a Drr 70 with DC long travel at the moment but I see a Mod coming in the future......especially after Andrew learns to shift and then see's Ben's new Quad in person. I would like to get a plan in place and be ready down the road, if that is ever possible.

Thanks!

Check this latest XC version we finished up.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461046

miniquaddad90
03-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by doonanracing
Fischer Racing out of Astabula, Ohio is another option. Bud is a great guy to deal with and quality is very high. We currently have a Fischer mod. JB, DC and Fischer are all a nice options for custom builts and all 3 are good people to deal with. These Mod's do seem to hold a higher value also when reselling. The nice thing about a Fischer or JB is you can use some parts from larger atv's. Such as we are using 04/05 spindles/hubs and new calipers off a Honda 450r which are much better than what we found on other mini's. Pitster and Cobra are a great oem platform to built off of and the above contact is a great source if using the Pitster. Really can't go wrong with any of them. Really comes down to costs and which atv your rider feels comfortable on.

X2!!! Bud is a great guy and is doing a chassis for us right now! JB learned from Bud so he's a good choice too but I prefer the innovator of the "90 mods"