PDA

View Full Version : Neck Braces

BoneStockHonda
02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Alright so 3 weeks ago I fractured my C7 vertebrae (non ATV incident lol) and it was quiet a wake up call so I'm definatly looking into investing in a neck brace. I'm most likely going to go with a leatt but I'm unsure on the size and model. I'm 6'2" 170lbs average build, so which size should I go with? I want one that i can adjust to fit well but don't want to crazy with price. I believe the lowest model is far less adjustable so will the mid range model suit me well?

madskrillz2
02-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure on the Leatts but I have the Alpinestar brace and it runs HUGE. I'm 5'11 190 and I wear a small. I bought a medium but had to send it back because it wobbled all over my shoulders.

BoneStockHonda
02-03-2011, 06:58 AM
how is the alpinestar adjustability wise? I also read the alpinestar feels flimsy.

madskrillz2
02-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by BoneStockHonda
how is the alpinestar adjustability wise? I also read the alpinestar feels flimsy.

I wouldn't say flimsy, it's just a little smaller. I like it because it's a little more ergonomic. But there isn't a whole lot of adjustability which is why I think the sizes are so off. If you're wanting adjustability I'd definitely go with the Leatt.