PDA

View Full Version : New Hybrid being manufactured

ss440ex
02-02-2011, 09:04 PM
There is a exmxer,or a group of them that has teamed up to start production.
CRF-Laeger-LSR
Has anyone have any info on this or are they wanting to keep it quite for now.

I`m hearing lots of good ideas and some great knowledgeable promoters.
Hope its a gooooo!

gtilley45
02-03-2011, 08:29 AM
You are correct. I know a couple of the guys involved very well. They will be CRF based, T-pin front end, CR500 style linkage, Fox shocks, MX tires and wheels.....race ready. They were talking about having different models at different prices. One MX model with a regular LT front end and a fewer options but cheaper. The top of the line MX model with all the stuff I mentioned, upgraded exhaust but will cost a little more. Also an XC version that's narrower of course.

And you are right, there are some VERY knowledgeable people involved with this so this should be something special. But everybody will have to be patient. They've had to deal with getting things designed and details worked out, they're doing this right. The last I heard, they were taking bids from aftermarket companies on who was gonna build and supply them with what parts. One of the main guys had a post on our local forum a couple months ago where be was sharing what he could, but I can't find it now.

josborn
02-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Fox is interesting for shocks, because they don't currently offer jack for 250r/cr500 link. That would be cool.

gtilley45
02-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by josborn
Fox is interesting for shocks, because they don't currently offer jack for 250r/cr500 link. That would be cool.

I think it's because there's not much of a demand for 250R stuff in their opinion. But I know they are supposed to have fox on these bikes. I'm wondering if Fox has changed....there's new Laeger/Fox front end packages on eBay now. I know it could be a mistaken listing, but who knows. Norris Quinn does all my shock work. He's a huge fox dealer, he services and builds tons of them. I called him this morning to see what he knows about whether or not Fox is making 250R stuff now, but he hadn't made it to the shop yet when I called.

Lasher
02-03-2011, 09:51 AM
When I first read this topic, I figured it would be about Walsh's new CRF but very interesting that another player is in the market.

hontrx265r
02-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Not to be a down'r here because I like seeing new stuff... but what exactly would someone be accomplisihing by doing this? The atv racing scene is not that big and not that many people can afford a bike of this caliber. Also that combo has been done what is there detail wise to work out? I could put down on a piece of paper all the best components I'd want in a hybrid and go buy them today..build it tomorrow, so why would i be looking to buy from this new group of people? You say its going to use a tpin front and cr500 rear but you don't know what companies are going to be involoved? If its a tpin I'd think it would be a laeger...And again if your getting the parts from other companies your cutting out the chance of making it cheaper to produce, and again I can do that today.. So to me it sounds like you have some people that want to start an assembly line.

gtilley45
02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
I hope they've decided to start making 250R shocks. I loved the Fox shocks I had on my YFZ, and I'd LOVE to have some on my Walsh.

gtilley45
02-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
Not to be a down'r here because I like seeing new stuff... but what exactly would someone be accomplisihing by doing this? The atv racing scene is not that big and not that many people can afford a bike of this caliber. Also that combo has been done what is there detail wise to work out? I could put down on a piece of paper all the best components I'd want in a hybrid and go buy them today..build it tomorrow, so why would i be looking to buy from this new group of people? You say its going to use a tpin front and cr500 rear but you don't know what companies are going to be involoved? If its a tpin I'd think it would be a laeger...And again if your getting the parts from other companies your cutting out the chance of making it cheaper to produce, and again I can do that today.. So to me it sounds like you have some people that want to start an assembly line.

One reason they are doing it is so that these quads could be raced in production classes. The details they are working out is mainly the stuff concerning starting a new business. But there's also things like small tweaks they are making to the design of the bike, getting other companies and suppliers on board and all that stuff. The way it was explained to me was there were gonna be different options you could choose kinda like when you go buy a new car. Laeger could be involved, I don't know. I haven't heard the entire list of companies. I guess I see what you're saying about an assembly line. But I think what their thoughts are is that if you buy enough parts and build these quads, you can get the cost down somewhat. The main thing I like about it is that you'll have the benefits of a hybrid, but it'll be easier to get parts. If you need brake parts, intake, exhaust, or whatever....you just call them up and get it. That's my only complaint about hybrids, sometimes I can be a little bit of a hassle to get it fixed if something breaks....just depending on what kind of hybrid you have.

Also keep in mind that I very well could be way off base. I'm not involved at all, I'm just friends with one of the main guys involved in getting this rolling. I need to talk to him anyway....I'll ask him to get on here if he can. He could give some facts where all I can do is talk a out what little I have been told about it.

jrspawn
02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I hope everything ends up going through! I know a Pro rider(factory rider at one point) thats possibly taking this year off, that has also been involved on this project. From what he has told me though everything is totally still up in the air though.

troybilt
02-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Is Mark Laeger, i.e. MLF involved or Laeger Racing?

I know of another aftermarket company that may be getting into building a new CRF hybrid, that hasn't been mentioned in the above posts, I've already seen pics of the bike. I was asked to keep it on the DL for now, and not post the pics... I know that's a bs thing to pull on a forum.. but just sharing, cause that maybe what others have been hearing about... IDK though...

gtilley45
02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
I hope everything ends up going through! I know a Pro rider(factory rider at one point) thats possibly taking this year off, that has also been involved on this project. From what he has told me though everything is totally still up in the air though.

I think I know who you're talking about. They've talked a little bit with 2 pro riders I think.

fandl450r
02-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I've talked to the people involved as well and will be probably attempting to pick up a pre-production one :).

:macho

ryanowarrior
02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
i hope this works out all well, i have been told the same like the others here have, guess we talking about the same pro rider that has been involved...should be nice to pick up a hybrid quad and pick what set up u want on it or how decked out you want it, and best part be able to fiance it!!!! i've seen the quad in person and they are deff headed in the right direction, just hope it all works out

on the fox shocks for a 250r norris told me that there wasnt enough demand for them said they would have to make atleast a thousand sets for it to justify..

gtilley45
02-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by ryanowarrior
i've seen the quad in person and they are deff headed in the right direction, just hope it all works out

The other day when I talked to him, he told me they hadn't built any yet.

ss440ex
02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I`m` noticing Norris Quinn`s name in alot of signatures here.

The man knows his stuff, does`nt he!

gtilley45
02-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ss440ex
I`m` noticing Norris Quinn`s name in alot of signatures here.

The man knows his stuff, does`nt he!

You ain't kidding!! He knows more about quad racing than anybody I've ever met. I pick his brain every chance I get. Every national I get to go to, I hang out in his trailer 90% of the time, and you'd be surprised at some of the people who come by and ask his opinion on things....some pretty big name people!

Nobody else has or ever will do my shock work, and I kicked myself in the ***** for not letting him build my motor the last time.