PDA

View Full Version : Prairie 300 will not go in reverse

yama450yfz
02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
I have a Prairie 300 and it will not shift in reverse. The gear selector will go down into the reverse position and the light will come on but it stays in neutral. Also when I shift between any other position you can hear the click but when shifted into reverse you can't hear any click. I have tried adjusting the lever but that will not work. Any help would be great. Thanks

07trx300ex#161
05-17-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't know much about the older prairies, but sometimes if you rev it up some and then shift real quick it'll knock em in gear, that's what I gotta do with one of our bayous when it gives me that problem.

4WheelinDemon
05-18-2011, 11:27 AM
uh hell no!?! you NEVER rev up an automatic then shift her into any gear. you'll blow the tranny or anything inside there. i had a 2002 prairie 300. always shifted fine for me. Honestly, i think it might just be the reverse gear inside the tranny :[

when did this all start? Did you ever hear anything before when it worked when you shifted it into reverse?

and seriously, dont EVER rev up an automatic then shift it. Only way you can shift while in motion is if your in high gear or low gear. If your in either one of those gears you can ONLY shift it into neutral. Thats the only time you can shift if you rev it or are in motion.

07trx300ex#161
05-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Crap, sorry bout that. I was thinkin the prairie 300 was a 5 speed for some reason.