PDA

View Full Version : ever ran maxxis irazrs on ur quad??

Grande Huevos
02-02-2011, 06:35 AM
bout to purchase my new tires and thought id see if any of u have ever ran the Maxxis iRazrs on ur quad and how u feel they perform???????

skippy1999
02-02-2011, 08:17 AM
they are heavy! but some groove them out. i like them because of the traction they provide. also, they are not "bouncy" with balls in them, they weigh a ton and seem to float over everything. i have good results with wear also.

RyanWsly
02-02-2011, 09:54 AM
closest thing to a 501 radial you can buy IMO that is way more puncture resistant. they are heavier then the 501, but react about the same.

trx293pv
02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I like front i razr's..they cut and dig just like a gncc holeshot.

For the back i'm not too crazy about them. they don't have enough side bite. they will slide out on you for no reason sometimes. Some tires like holeshot hds have too much and will cause you to bicycle but irazrs don't have enough

snacob14
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
gbc xrex all the way man. especially if your hitting trails

markk
02-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Iv ran the irazr and rzr2 original razr and im yet to try the ballance tire. But i loved my irazr when the soil was not rocky.

They hook like no other in the mud and it really feel like you have a little extra control while the rear of the quad is kicked out.\

They are a very soft rubber compound- I got 3 races out of my last set. Loretta lynns 07 and 3 MHSC races. all 3 races where in very rocky soil and had a lot of rain. So all the spinning on the sharp rocks in Missouri toor the lugs apart.

I would recomend them to anyone still. I also liked my fronts on a dry track but i still perfer the maxxis razr2 for the best front tire i have ever ran- OR GBC. but when it comes to a rear tire i have decided to stick with my original razr rear with a small amount of groving.

atvmxr
02-04-2011, 07:40 AM
i have a set on one of my quads. I thought they worked pretty well in a variety of terrain, didnt feel all that heavy to me... 20x10x10s

fx4pitrone
02-04-2011, 08:01 AM
I have a set of 21" fronts on mine, and I actually thought they felt really light?? Not sure on the actual weight though... I like them for trail riding....

skyeryder
02-04-2011, 10:45 AM
they hook up great but if your wanting them for trail riding I'd get something else they are a softer compound and seem to wear quickly, save them for race day, my .02