PDA

View Full Version : I have an invention idea!

Brauap
02-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Well actually two. Does anyone know how I can follow through with the idea?!

Thank You!
Colton W.

beags86
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
first thing you need to do it hire a patent lawyer to see if there is any patents out there that cover your idea. or have the us pantent and trademark office do a search.. not really sure all wants involved, but i know it's very costly and time comsuming. so it better be a good idea...

PaRedneckRiders
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Whats the idea, mayb i can help ya out.
Na just kidding but not sure how you could do anything with it mayb make some sort of prototype first.

CJM
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Gotta do a patent search like beags talked about, then you can go from there.

slightlybent47
02-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Be very careful with those patent lawyers, and those invention helpers.
There only intent is to get your money, they will tell you your idea is great and you should invest in a patent research, they will hit you up for money for the research and clam that your idea is so good they would be willing to invest with you but you have to put up all the money. Believe me it’s a scam, if you don’t believe me just go up there with a ridicules idea and they will tell you it great and you should spend all your money to pursue it. be very carefull.
I took an idea to one of those patent and invention places and it was going to cast me upwards of $100,000.00 to go through all the research and product development and testing that was required to get the ball rolling. And it also was going to take them 3 years to do it all and I would have to put up all the money even though they said my idea was great and they wanted to invest in it.

Do the research yourself.

slightlybent47
02-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Also document all your proof that you came up with the idea. Take photo evidence and put it in writing and mail it to yourself and don’t open it, leave the postal stamp intact and unopened. That’s the pore mans patent.

rubbersdown
02-02-2011, 12:48 PM
As stated, first thing to do is patten the idea if its not pattented already. It is very expensive though. My buddy invented some new style of guitar and I know his patten process cost him around $60,000 and that was with him doing all the work, not a lawyer.

honda400ex2003
02-02-2011, 02:20 PM
call invent help. they can get you in the right direction and find you info. it is quite expensive to get one. I looked into one a while back for a project and was blown away by the cost of doing some of the stuff required.

steve

Brauap
02-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Yea.. know what? It really isn't worth it.. haha

ZeroLogic
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Check out a poor mans patent.
A guy I worked with invented a tool and got a poor mans patent on it. Worth a try.:macho

Brauap
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't really know.. I mean it isn't something to really invent, it is an idea based on existing products in the food market. I don't know if this is even worth the hassle.

buck440
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
as long as it's not a dot approved star wars helmet lol.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by buck440
as long as it's not a dot approved star wars helmet lol.

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/LOL.jpg

250x_kyle
02-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
I don't really know.. I mean it isn't something to really invent, it is an idea based on existing products in the food market. I don't know if this is even worth the hassle.

the food industry has some of the most strict quality standards there are. so depending on what it is its more then likely not worth while. unless its the next best thing since sliced bread.

rubbersdown
02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
the food industry has some of the most strict quality standards there are. so depending on what it is its more then likely not worth while. unless its the next best thing since sliced bread.

I invented sliced bread and ill tell you what, the royalties are AWESOME! Every time you make a sandwich I make a dollar!

250x_kyle
02-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by rubbersdown
I invented sliced bread and ill tell you what, the royalties are AWESOME! Every time you make a sandwich I make a dollar!

i dont buy sliced bread :eek: . what now lol.

you can try alll you want but but in the end it you dont know wether its worth the try until you try. but more then likely you will loose money then make money off it.