PDA

View Full Version : bleeding front brakes

FRAN Z
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
any tricks out there. i changed from a 41" to 44" front end(new front lines) I was bleeding them for a hour, cant seam to get them to work. almost used a hole can of fluid.

jplltz50
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I unbolted the calipers from the spindles and held both them up about even with master cylinder,with bleeders up, pump bleed repeat. Takes 2 minutes. Also put something between the pads to keep them from moving flat screw driver works

FRAN Z
02-01-2011, 04:38 PM
thanks I'll give it a try

joe0718
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I push the fluid into the bleeder and up to the master with a syringe and a rubber hose. Ussually two shots and the bubbles disappear.

fomospede
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
evryone has a method

try breaking the bleader lose a bit and take airline at a 90%angle and blow across bleeder opening
careful it will suck the master empty quiker than u would imagine

edwardsp&b
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Unless you want to spend a couple of hours bleeding your brakes. Go to Advance, Oreillys, etc..... and buy a bleeder suction pump for about 12.00 bucks. Loosen the bleeder and stick the pump hose on, run a couple of master cylinder's full of fluid, making sure the ressi doesnt run less than a 1/4inch dry. After that you can pump and do one final bleeding the old fashioned way and your done. The fronts take a minute longer, but dont wear yourself out bleeding the brakes. Work smart, not hard is my motto!
Bryan

kfx450
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
gt thunders web site.
It has the best procedure I have ever used for bleeding brakes. Fought the front brakes last time for hours then did his procedure done in 5 min. really easy and you only need a 6-8 ft piece of rubber line preferibly see through.

www.gtthunder.com

rmuscle
02-04-2011, 06:46 AM
you can do it the garage monky way and put a hose on bleeder and suck it out by mouth just make sure you dont get in your mouth , did it yesterday took me all of 10 min

WISH1965
02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Fran

make sure master cylinder is bled first, IOW's put your finger over the hole where the hose mounts & pump the hand brake until such time the fluid comes out in a good pace. Then bolt the line on it (may want to make sure washers are good-new never hurts) & bleed the brakes bleeding the caliper furthest from the master cylinder first. If you do not want to use the conventional bleeding method of pump-hold-release, you can use a good vacuum pump set on suction, that bleeds them real quick. these DRR's bleed rather easily. Make Note: make sure washers are good, make sure the round ends on the hoses are not oblong shape in any way, that can cause problems without you ever noticing it and you will be there forever. Just some thoughts.

WW

FRAN Z
02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO. I USED A PUMP DONE IN 30 SEC! TRIED THE OLD WAY , FOR ABOUT A HOUR!

edwardsp&b
02-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I pulled my hair out one time without the pump. Now I wont attempt to bleed brakes without it. I get pissed when something simple takes forever, impatience I guess......
Bryan

selbygirl
02-19-2011, 01:04 PM
i use a syringe was real easy but i see a real easy way tusk makes a bleeder also check out this video

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RxQkCpiQ7Y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>