PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had a cherry bomb go bad???

user101
01-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Anyone ever had one go bad? I went to start the 450 up the other day, the battery was dead so I jumped it off and it just did not run good at all. I have the modquad air filter and baffle removed from stock exhaust. Its always done fine until now.

09RappySe
01-31-2011, 09:23 PM
No, but if you need one, I have one just collecting dust on my shelf.

panici33
02-01-2011, 05:19 PM
X2

Jim417mx
02-04-2011, 06:39 PM
A dead battery usually means the computer has to re-learn itself and the whole bike setup, like a car has to have the radio stations and clock re-set during a battery change. how long did you ride it? I would try letting it idle for 5 minutes , hope this helps

bigbad400
02-05-2011, 07:26 AM
sure.... cus it takes 5 min for a comp to reset...... i have had 100 quads(exaggerated,lol) and im sure all the batteries have died at one time, and i own 6 fuel injected toys now and when a battery dies it is no dif than any other day when u put a new one in. the comp resets when it has full voltage to it again. there is nothing to reprogram. when u plug ur cherry bomb in and fire up ur quad for the first time did you have to wait 5 min to let it map itself? hell no. dont work that way. chances are you just dont have a good battery and or you need to let it get a full charge befor you go starting it next time. proper voltage is absolute on fuel injection. if it reads 11.8 instead of full 12.0 volts it could run silly. :rolleyes: why do you think your battery died there guy? prolly not a good battery. good ones dont just lose charge from sitting a bit. they go bad from sitting. u cant just charge them most of the time u drop a 50 and get a new one. problem solved. :D

Jim417mx
02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I was just takin a guess, ive been an automotive tech for 4 years, some cars do that, rough idle until the computer re-learns but ive never seen it on a quad either, I didnt need a whole paragraph but its all good :D . Let me turn on my brain for a minute I've had a few similar problems.

-TPS? Dont ask how but mine changed by itself once.
-Do you have a power commander or tuner? I've gone thru 3 pc3's.
-How long was it sitting? I just had to replace my injector and fuel filter, got gummed up from sitting since redbud national. Would crank an extra couple times than normal then run like crap.

Besides that I would suggest un-plugging the cherry bomb, see if the fuel map changes and it runs dfferent.