PDA

View Full Version : 450x vs 450r mapping

JayJohnson
01-31-2011, 09:09 AM
I was curious if anyone has ridden both bikes. I read in all the reviews the fuel mapping is the only difference in the engines.

Do you notice a significant power band difference from top to bottom between the bikes? I read one article saying they liked the X because they were able to lug it pretty good through tight trails with out alot of clutch feathering.

I am looking at getting the R for myself but the X for the wife. Just curious if anyone has rode both and could tell a difference in the power mapping.

Thanks

02bwraptor
01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
They are the same. I have a 09 yfz450r and just got my wife a yfz450x.

XCRacer236
01-31-2011, 11:59 AM
It is straight from the Yamaha website that they are different. The X has a more broad, spread out power band. As far as telling a difference, the average trail rider probably wouldn't be able to notice a difference. But a Pro or Pro-am guy definitely probably could.

Vampire2800
02-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Jay, I have ridden both & decided to buy an R. The X felt a little sluggish for me at WFO (Wide F****** Open). I found it easier to stand the X up because 1st gear was "shorter" than 1st gear on the R. My R has a long first gear, so it takes a little bit to hit the top & feels sort of empty, but every other gear is easily taller.