PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile best trick

ryan243
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Anybody else think the judges screwed Caleb Moore out of a gold medal? How does an insane trick thats never been done before get beat by a trick that was seen 5 or 6 times in the regular freestyle competition this weekend?

motox_rider695
01-30-2011, 06:33 PM
i think colten got screwed out of the trick

ryan243
01-30-2011, 06:37 PM
That second run was a giant F you to the judges. Im over the x games

ltr450rider21
01-30-2011, 06:46 PM
If shaun white did the corolla, the judges would have given them 99.99.

ryan243
01-30-2011, 06:49 PM
If Shaun white wipes his own butt he wins the gold medal

jrspawn
01-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Just goes to show you how big a bunch of haters those snow guys are!

Pretty bad when two quads guys can hop on sleds ride for two weeks and throw down THE BEST tricks and still get crap scores. Both last year and this year! Why dont those sled girls hop on quads and show us what they can do!

Both Moore brothers got robbed!

450rJam
01-30-2011, 06:54 PM
seen caleb doing back flips on a 450r couple years ago at little sahara oklahoma,

the guy has serious skills

Ellingsoc26
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Total bull **** go to x games facebook and post maybe we will get lucky and they will dumb judges because if that was a txt to vote we all know who won!

ATVMX33
01-30-2011, 07:36 PM
i just missed it...anyone know where i can get videos of it???
what all tricks went down?

ryan243
01-30-2011, 07:45 PM
caleb pulled the carolla to no hander lander and bodin beat it with a backflip seat grab....

kfx400rider03
01-30-2011, 07:46 PM
thats caleb first run
second run did the same trick bu landed no handed with out checking up on the bars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQIsc8WTzso
coltons second run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkVQghFXKM

fastex91
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I went to Espn's website and complained and told them what I thought and that i would never watch it again. Go do the same.

88redrocket
01-30-2011, 07:55 PM
It is defenitley some BS.... The corolla caleb pulled off had never been landed on a sled untill today! I think the judges are maybe hatin on them because they know how good they are on quads

ryan243
01-30-2011, 08:02 PM
i just think the judges are embarrassed that two dudes from texas can just show up with no experience and dominate guys that have been doing it for years...

jrspawn
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
i just think the judges are embarrassed that two dudes from texas can just show up with no experience and dominate guys that have been doing it for years...

Couldnt agree more with you!!!

kfx400rider03
01-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by 88redrocket
It is defenitley some BS.... The corolla caleb pulled off had never been landed on a sled untill today! I think the judges are maybe hatin on them because they know how good they are on quads
x2:macho

rbgnwa45
01-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Maybe he didn't get gold because it's seemingly easier than a backflip. Especially a backflip-superman seat grab. What's harder, rotating yourself or flipping the snowmobile upside down? There's so much more margin for error in a back-flip. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's the best trick. Who are you to judge a judge? You know who they are, right? Why do you think the judges care about their quad background? :huh

jrspawn
01-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Maybe it's just me..... But I don't see how a second place last year trick can beat out a never pulled in comp innovative trick. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Maybe the rest of the bombsquad and akraix can hop on sleds to really put these sled guys to shame!

kfx400rider03
01-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Maybe it's just me..... But I don't see how a second place last year trick can beat out a never pulled in comp innovative trick. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Maybe the rest of the bombsquad and akraix can hop on sleds to really put these sled guys to shame!

:eek2:
didnt know that. shows you how much they are against them..

bens250ex
01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Maybe he didn't get gold because it's seemingly easier than a backflip. Especially a backflip-superman seat grab. What's harder, rotating yourself or flipping the snowmobile upside down? There's so much more margin for error in a back-flip. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's the best trick. Who are you to judge a judge? You know who they are, right? Why do you think the judges care about their quad background? :huh

that two person backflip with the indian air was nothin but pure nastyness! they really do hate on them. alot of those sled guys look like they lack controll while on the track....

426kidz
01-30-2011, 10:00 PM
There the best...bottom line.:macho :macho :macho

jesseweaver
01-30-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
that two person backflip with the indian air was nothin but pure nastyness! they really do hate on them. alot of those sled guys look like they lack controll while on the track....

same, i went crazy when i saw that, that was absolkutely insane. i figured they were gonna hit the jump together when colton jumped on his sled but i had no idea they were going to go that HUGE! :eek2: how do you practice something like that? i agree they got completely screwed out of it. Winter X is a joke and i really hate shaun white. my favorite athlete is nic suave. and i have a lot of respect for jeremy jones. the guy is 35 and slammed hard a couple times in snowboard street and just kept going. i love those guys that just go film movie parts all year and just have fun. I'm glad they got a little spot in the X games even though that street setup was pretty weak.

and that snowboarder doing the triple backflip... that was crazy! but then the judges were comparing that to pastranas double :ermm: i dont think that was even close to being as gnarly as pastrana. he came into it never landing it or even attempting it to dirt before. it still blows my mind that he went out and threw it i can't imagine what was going through his head sitting on top of the role in. he pretty much knew there was a VERY high chance of him not walking away from it but he said he was going to try it and he couldnt back down. not comparable to that triple IMO

tayyo789
01-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
i dont think that was even close to being as gnarly as pastrana. he came into it never landing it or even attempting it to dirt before.

He landed it in Washington on a purpose built ramp to dirt about 2 years prior to landing it at the X games that year

jesseweaver
01-31-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by tayyo789
He landed it in Washington on a purpose built ramp to dirt about 2 years prior to landing it at the X games that year

Oh yea I forgot about that. But still that was a lot different. And he compared hawks 9 to pastranas double too. That was no where close to as crazy as pastrana. He tried it like 15 times there was very little risk. It just pisses me off when they compare stuff like that

etccb
01-31-2011, 06:07 AM
If Deagan, Twitch, Potter, ETC ETC did that same trick on a sled they would of won gold easy!

ben300
01-31-2011, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
and that snowboarder doing the triple backflip... that was crazy! but then the judges were comparing that to pastranas double :ermm: i dont think that was even close to being as gnarly as pastrana. he came into it never landing it or even attempting it to dirt before. it still blows my mind that he went out and threw it i can't imagine what was going through his head sitting on top of the role in. he pretty much knew there was a VERY high chance of him not walking away from it but he said he was going to try it and he couldnt back down. not comparable to that triple IMO

obviously you've never jumped a jump as big as they do on board or skis....thats 120+ jump, lip to landing..i jumped an 80' in breck two years ago and scared the living **** out of myself doing it...what makes it look so not as hard to you is the fact that horgmo is just that good at what he does and is that smooth and stylish..trust me, with the way that boarders progress in terms of tricks vs the motorsports guys, if that trick was so easy, then there would have been at least 4-5 guys that would have had that in their stable...pastrana's flip was nuts at the time, but now when you got other guys doing it...its old..

and personally, i didnt see the sled best trick live, but i watched the replays online...and i think the score was justified...heck they were trying carolla's last year in teh elimination rounds for sled freestyle...if they want gold, and dont wanna piss all you ninnies off, then they should just step it up and go for something totally off the wall, never seen before like a double back flip super man 360 barrel role...

ya'll act like its the end of the world

Scro
01-31-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by ben300
obviously you've never jumped a jump as big as they do on board or skis....thats 120+ jump, lip to landing..i jumped an 80' in breck two years ago and scared the living **** out of myself doing it...what makes it look so not as hard to you is the fact that horgmo is just that good at what he does and is that smooth and stylish..trust me, with the way that boarders progress in terms of tricks vs the motorsports guys, if that trick was so easy, then there would have been at least 4-5 guys that would have had that in their stable...pastrana's flip was nuts at the time, but now when you got other guys doing it...its old..

and personally, i didnt see the sled best trick live, but i watched the replays online...and i think the score was justified...heck they were trying carolla's last year in teh elimination rounds for sled freestyle...if they want gold, and dont wanna piss all you ninnies off, then they should just step it up and go for something totally off the wall, never seen before like a double back flip super man 360 barrel role...

ya'll act like its the end of the world

I agree with this. Although I'm sure the corolla is a very difficult trick, it just doesn't have the WOW factor with me. From my perspective, doing that particular trick on a sled is no different or harder than doing it on a bike or quad. But getting completely upside down, and letting go of a 500+ pound machine...that's crazy. Just my opinion from an outsider looking in.

Also, you can't judge based off the fact that they've only been doing it for a short period of time. It's best trick, not best trick with the least experience.

The tandem backflip topped them both if it would have been scored, though.

ben300
01-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I agree with this. Although I'm sure the corolla is a very difficult trick, it just doesn't have the WOW factor with me. From my perspective, doing that particular trick on a sled is no different or harder than doing it on a bike or quad. But getting completely upside down, and letting go of a 500+ pound machine...that's crazy. Just my opinion from an outsider looking in.

Also, you can't judge based off the fact that they've only been doing it for a short period of time. It's best trick, not best trick with the least experience.

The tandem backflip topped them both if it would have been scored, though.

i agree exactly...just because they've only been on the sleds for a couple of years and can do the same tricks as say parsons, hoyer, or bodin, doesnt mean that they are in way better....they've been doing these tricks on quads for some time now...
..personally, i thinks its awesome that they are there and that they have obviously proved that they can hang with these guys adn they belong.

i just get jacked when i see a flurry of people on here saying "oh they were robbed!" ..."go on the x games facebook and protest." whats that gonna do..nothing...

obviously the judges felt that they did not have soemthing that the other guys did. i personally felt in their freestlye runs, they didnt have as good extension or landings on some of their tricks as a couple of the toher guys....but thats jstu me..so who is anybody on this site, to judge a judge that is credited for what he does and is and expert at what they see?

also, for those of you who say they are better cause they ahve more sled control on the ground...stfu, they are competing in freestyle, where the only thing that matters is what they do in the air, not onthe ground..if they were honestly so worried about ground control, they they would race the snocross race adn try and beat tucker, which i more than doubt they could not do.

ben300
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM
also the judges are not hating on them cause they ride quads..get that out of your head...ive been watchign the xgames since its beginning and they love **** like this, it ads freak show anomolies to their programming...

honda400ex2003
01-31-2011, 07:41 AM
it was a single event not a double event. thus there can not points given if 2 people partake in a trick at once such as with the 2 person backflip. do you idiots listen to the announcers at all? they knew there were no points to be had... yes it was awesome to see... yes i agree with the decision and feel all the scores were fair for the whole comp and each session for everything else also. White didnt even make the slope style final so he was really going to kick tail in pipe where he always does.

the double backflip from pastrana was not compared to the triple back on a board. It was said to be a game changing stunt like the double from pastrana not comparing each. you guys need to listen more...

end of my rant and my thoughts on listening some of you poor poor babies whine on here.

steve

88redrocket
01-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Calebs trick had never been landed on a sled untill YESTERDAY......Innovation is suppose to be a big part of how the judges score. Bodin won doin a trick he won silver with last year! Repeat! The fans could even be heard booing when calebs scores were announced

440racer66
01-31-2011, 09:09 AM

my thoughts exactly

ryan243
01-31-2011, 09:18 AM
For everyone that keeps saying bodin's trick looks so much harder, think about this: that trick was thrown multiple times in the regular freestyle competition. There is a decent list of riders who can pull that trick off. How long of a list does the carolla have? ONE PERSON! Caleb is the only person in the world to do that on a sled. And saying people are whining and being babies about this is dumb, no one has whined at all... We have a view on something and are expressing that. I respect your view, you should respect mine

88redrocket
01-31-2011, 09:23 AM
X2!!! Very well said Ryan

Wired
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
The final placing should have gone like this:
Bodine, Caleb then Colten

The seat grab flip definitely should not have scored higher than calebs two runs but the double grab flip is WAY harder than the body varial on a sled. That was the first time that was ever landed on a sled as well. But where i call the BS is Colten losing bronze medal to tricks that are being done in runs. The judges definitely blew it on that but im satisfied with how first and second got scored. Also both Colten and Caleb knew going into their tandem flip that it wasnt going to be judged. So i doubt their really upset about that but look at it like this... what are people talking about??? I havent even seen one person say anything about bodines double grab flip, its all about the moore's. They accomplished exactly what they wanted, the x games spotlight! Congrats boys, proud of yas!

honda400ex2003
01-31-2011, 09:50 AM
And saying people are whining and being babies about this is dumb, no one has whined at all... We have a view on something and are expressing that. I respect your view, you should respect mine

i dont believe i called anyone out or singled anything in my post toward anyone. i respect alls opinions, i just think it is funny when people are complaining about this.

There were def some sick tricks that didnt get judged properly but they have a tough job to do.

steve

ryan243
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Bodines double grab flip was nuts and I could see that and Caleb being very close for gold but in no way should bodines first trick have earned gold

Scro
01-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Wired
I havent even seen one person say anything about bodines double grab flip, its all about the moore's. They accomplished exactly what they wanted, the x games spotlight! Congrats boys, proud of yas!

True. Rick and Bubba were talking on their radio show about the tandem flip this morning. They didn't mention any other names.

tayyo789
01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
If anyone would have a professional opinion and a good grasp of how it should have went down, its Wired. I agree 100% with what he said.

06typeS
02-01-2011, 12:21 PM
The flip with caleb and colten on together was just crazy, i don't care if they gave them a score or not that was the best trick of the night.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ACkVQghFXKM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Wired
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 06typeS
The flip with caleb and colten on together was just crazy, i don't care if they gave them a score or not that was the best trick of the night.

best trick of winter X