PDA

View Full Version : sending the motor off

250rracer77
01-30-2011, 08:23 AM
who know's were to send a trx 250r to get tore down and rebuilt the bottom end and who builds the best top ends for 250r

Pumashine
01-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Try a PM to C-Leigh Racing on here. He has been doing quality work for years.
He has a current post on the Mcdizzy thread a few lines down.

Thornfold
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

1promodfan
01-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Pumashine
Try a PM to C-Leigh Racing on here. He has been doing quality work for years.
He has a current post on the Mcdizzy thread a few lines down.

I'll 2nd C-Leigh Racing. He's a personal friend of mine. Very trust-worthy and he knows what he's doing.

solid250r
01-30-2011, 05:02 PM
vote 4 bdt motors got one of carlos engines, thing is a freaking bomb, muscle rips

atv fan 28
01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I'll 2nd C-Leigh Racing. He's a personal friend of mine. Very trust-worthy and he knows what he's doing.

Im with you Jared, Neil knows how to build one thats for sure.

Tim@Titan Racing aint to shabby either!;)

01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Bob at RB Racing builds my engines, does an awesome job. He goes by "machwon" here on the forums.

wilkin250r
01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Most any of the reputable dealers can tear down the bottom end for you. BDT, Duncan Racing, LED, C-Leigh, and a host of others.

As for top end, there really isn't a "best". Sparks used to be considered the best, they had some magic trick to get an extra 5% over other builders, but they don't do 250r engines anymore. And even that extra 5% isn't going to give you anything unless you're a pro racer and you really can push the machine to it's absolute limits.

markk
01-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Chris Grissom does some fine work as well. but i agree just about anyone with some time in the atv world knows how to make the trx250r work!!

profab250R
01-31-2011, 08:58 AM
your best bet is c-leigh he has unquestionable customer service and if you search this forum and the other 250r forum you will find he is a great builder and has never had a single complaint from what i have seen. I have messaged him about porting my ESR310 and his prices are VERY reasonable.

wilkin250r
01-31-2011, 11:35 PM
Back in the day, there was always a chance of finding that "secret" builder. That guy that could make an extra 10hp over the big shops, and still only charged half as much, but not many people knew about him.

Those days are gone.

The "best" nowadays has a slightly different definition. If you're looking to spend a ridiculous amount of money, and get into some really specialized engines, THEN you'll start to see a difference in certain shops. There is a shop called Hybrid Engineering that does some great 400cc and bigger engines that are stupid fast. I'd never use them for a motocross or playbike, but for a drag racer, you bet!

But these shops are pushing the envelope, and stuff like that isn't cheap. Expect several thousands of dollars to leave your wallet if you want to go that route.