PDA

View Full Version : Trying to help a friend

ridehonda400ex
01-29-2011, 07:54 PM
My friend is going to be getting his yfz450 back. its a 2006 and hes going to be getting an HMF pipe and will be running the biggest tip it comes with. Its a kickstart and it has the crank to make it a true 450. Now here is where im trying to him since i dont want his bike breaking down again! 1st time was a blown head gasket and bad water pump. The 2nd time was a cracked engine so he got a whole new bottom end with a kickstart and is getting a new top-end. His fourwheeler always ran lean and would pop and crack when hed give it gas and i told him hes going to **** up his quad and sure enough look where he is now, keep in mind that both break downs happened within six months. So now hes getting this pipe and i wanna help him get the thing jetted right. Can anyone set me up with the correct sizes or at least close( i need warm weather sizes, not winter). Would be greatly appreciated so we can ride! Thanks!

quadrider2112
01-30-2011, 07:52 AM
This is my setup 175 main, 45 pilot, i think my needle is on the 2nd clip position from top not sure its been so long. Depending on elevation and what needle he has this should be close.

I have the cam mod done also. Surely with all that engine work he does too.

There is a sticky in this section on jetting.