PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting fuel jet

12-02-2001, 06:26 PM
How do I adjust and/or check the fuels jets? Are they in the carb? What do they look like? How do I make it more rich?

Thanks

mikeboone
12-03-2001, 04:46 PM
Read the jetting help on this site first. There are two jets and both in the carb. One is the pilot jet the other is the main jet. The main jet can be removed easily. If you look on the bottom of the carb; there is a nut that can be removed. You want to BE SURE you have the fuel petcock on OFF before you remove this or the whole tank of gas will be on your floor. Even when off; the gas in the carb will come out so put something to catch it. When you remove the nut; there is the main jet. This is just screwed in and out. If you replace---do not turn hard. The threads will strip very easily. The pilot jet is a litle harder to get. The best way is to loosen all screws conn the carb to air box and engine and just take it off. Once again if you turn it over there are 4 small gold color screws. Remove them and you can see the pilot jet in the hole. It removes and inserts as the main. I suggest having someone that has done this before help you the first time and then you can handle the next. The stock pilot is a #38 and stock main is #148---the larger the #--the richer it will run.