PDA

View Full Version : need help about wiring

rabbithuntr14
01-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Am I able to run no key switch, a teather killswitch and a dirtbikekill switch so everytime i shut the bike off i dont have to pull the teather out? can somebody tell me what to do to do this or if you have a pic of it that would be really helpful, thanks

DnB_racing
01-29-2011, 03:58 PM
is it an r or a er??

just making sure I undestand what your doing, you weant to run both a kill switch and a teather, not the stock light kill switch? and no key??

rabbithuntr14
01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
its an 04 r, and all i want is a teather, killswitch, no key and the stock headlight switch is already gone

DnB_racing
01-30-2011, 12:13 AM
they have to be wired in parallel so if either one is pulled it goes to ground and will kill it you need to use the black/white stripe for one side and green for other side,,,

and no you just jump the key!

rabbithuntr14
01-30-2011, 12:05 PM
thanks alot! do you know where I can get a good killswitch off a dirtbike?

DnB_racing
01-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by rabbithuntr14
thanks alot! do you know where I can get a good killswitch off a dirtbike? check ebay there is a lot of different types, I like the ones from pit bikes but there are so many to choose from

evild911
01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
if u have a pro armor killl switch u can wire it up and not even need a kill switch the way i got mine wired it runs the fan when it needs it and runs everything like the key was there

DnB_racing
01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by evild911
if u have a pro armor killl switch u can wire it up and not even need a kill switch the way i got mine wired it runs the fan when it needs it and runs everything like the key was there all teather switches will allow fan to work, he wants to be able to shut off without pulling teather, but I think he still wants to have the teather for the tech check and he is just jumping the key wires together

rabbithuntr14
01-30-2011, 07:34 PM
my teather is pro armor, but yea the only reason i want it to work is because alot of places check and you are required to run one but i dont want to pull it out everytime i want to shut the bike off, and i have no place to put the key and want to get rid of it and make it as clean looking as possible