PDA

View Full Version : Leaking gas

yamahardr15
01-28-2011, 07:53 PM
So Ive been at college and just got back to go riding this weekend. When I turned my gas on it started flowing out of the overflow hoses out of the carb. So I pulled the carb off and cleaned out the bottom with carb cleaner and its still leaking. Anyone have any suggestions?

DnB_racing
01-28-2011, 09:17 PM
either you didnt clean enough or your float needle rubber tip is dry rotted

are you sure its out of the overflow hose and not the fuel inlet ??? inside the copper fitting from hose to carb has o rings that dry out and need replacing now and then

banshee33
01-29-2011, 08:14 AM
if you still have the carb off the quad,flip it upside down and listen to the float,make sure you hear it moving,with it upside down blow into the gas port,if you can blow threw the carb your needle or oring or the seat needs attention,if you cant hear the float moving it needs adjusting,if you cant blow threw it while it is upside down,the float needle is ok and put it back on the quad it should be fine

yamahardr15
01-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks, I ended up just running some sea foam carb cleaner through it and after a half hour of riding and turning the gas on and off it cleared out or cleaned up whatever was causing the problem. Thanks for the replys