PDA

View Full Version : DS or TRX?

BuB400
01-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Seeing alot of deals on leftovers in my area. 2008 DS and 450r's for around $4500-$4800. Which one? I've read alot on both, and read alot about DS motor problems. I ride red now,but still an old school Can-Am (Ski-Doo) guy. Please give some opinions.

blaster99
01-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I love my can-am. Chose it over a Honda and a Suzuki and I don't regret the decision one bit. I actually probably wouldn't be racing still f I hadn't switched to can-am.

motox_rider695
01-27-2011, 09:03 PM
i had a honda trx450 before i bought my can am, and i dont regret it one bit. My honda had a lot of work done and my can am is pretty much stock, and power wise is about the same. I couldn't be any happier

Quinn4
01-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Providing you get the updates and recalls handled you will love the DS.
Ive always been a honda guy, but the technology on this quad is otta this world.
There is no need to buy axles, a-arms or better shocks just dial everything in for your personal taste and your ready to go.
Add a motoworks slip on, take off the air box lid and cut the pink wire and you will have a stronger engine than most quads that dump over $1000.00 in to their engine.
As far as the frames and what not, I'm 250lbs and I don't hit crazy tripples or anything but I do ride it hard and its been flawless.

p.s. I'm not dogging the trx, I love hondas but time and technology have simply passed them by.

ds19
01-28-2011, 08:00 AM
If your just a recreational rider buy the Honda. The DS requires more maintenance but is a great machine when modified correctly. If you are a racer and understand that stuff is going to brake and stock parts are insufficient you will love the ds.