PDA

View Full Version : yamaha of troy

mx8
01-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Are they still open. There web site is no longer there. I used to order from them all the time. Anybody know what is going on. Thanks

lwrider20
01-27-2011, 09:09 AM
they closed their doors

mx8
01-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Wow, They have been around for a long time. That is hard to believe. I know things are hard right now but I never thought it was that bad. When did they close.

Canadian144
01-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Can't have been too long ago!

The CR125 I bought from Michigan had Troy-Racing.com decals on the front fender. I looked up the website and it redirected me to Yamaha of Troy... this was only back in December I believe!

quad2xtreme
01-27-2011, 04:41 PM
WOW!!! It must be because I was hurt for so long and not riding. UPS man was worried his route was going to get absorbed too if I didn't start putting more boxes in it each week. :D

wild250rman
01-27-2011, 04:51 PM
i bought a set of 88'R' fenders a few years back and some 88-89 tires. they sent me 2 sets of fenders several sets of 86-87 tires and other parts that were duplicate or not what i ordered. they tried to make it right. they ended up out a lot on shipping and told me to just keep the extra tires I definetaly didn't argue with them but if they did that to enough people they could quickly go under.

Hondamaster5505
01-27-2011, 06:12 PM
You guys should check out this guy sometime-

[www.howaboutyoupayforadvertising.com]
Great guy to deal with. Family run business. I ordered a sprocket, he sent the wrong thing, so he refunded my money AND sent me the correct item. And great communication. Honestly some of the best customer service I ever dealt with.

K-Dub
01-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I thought they where bought out by PowerSports Network a while back. I just went to the site YamahaofTroy.com and it redirected me to PSNs website. I know awhile back the web site said that they were selling down stock and wouldnt place any orders for 6 weeks as they were doing a restructure. I tried thier number thats been the same since 89 and its no longer in service. This is sad as I worked there for Flipper and Paul in 94/95. I knew Flipper had sold old a few years ago but was told 6 months ago Paul still owned his share. They were always good to me, I order a gas tank once and needed for a race on saturday. They accidently sent it to wrong place. Found out on friday, Paul shipped it to the track overnight so it would be there waiting on me when I arriaved. They always treated me good before and after I worked there.

Brauap
01-27-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't know about you guys.. but I am HAPPY they are closed! Screwed of many many people and they had the slowest shipping I have EVER seen! I use to order many things from them once apon a time, but I got sick of waiting a month for a bolt or something stupid like that..

chucked
01-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Oem parts usually take 2 weeks minumum.

trompen542
01-31-2011, 08:26 AM
It was announced on racer X today, that they are closed