PDA

View Full Version : Stage6 Adjustable Clutch ?

Clays dad
01-27-2011, 05:43 AM
Has anyone messed with this yet? I will be putting this in soon and was wondering was the best settings.

jerkyboy
01-27-2011, 05:56 AM
use the orange springs and try to set the stall if you cant get it
where you want you might have to get a set of red ones. I started using one last year and like it.

edwardsp&b
01-27-2011, 06:04 AM
I like the red springs, with 2 marks total showing when you tighten them up. You need to use a tach and set it where you want it, but thats a starting point.
bryan

JIM GRACE
01-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
I like the red springs, with 2 marks total showing when you tighten them up. You need to use a tach and set it where you want it, but thats a starting point.
bryan

Same set up with 1 line showing, the clutch does not come with the red springs
So order them when you buy the clutch.

nitrofish
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Ditto on the red springs with a mark or two showing. The orange seem to wear out quicker, you really got a crank em to get in the higher stall ranges. Keep an eye on those little spring tightning bolts, we had one back out and the shoe stayed engaged. I loctited for a fix.

EthansDad
01-27-2011, 07:53 PM
double ditto on what they all said on springs and adjustment ticks. I did have one fail on me last year in a weird way. not sure if the red clutch shoe springs failed or something went out of tolerance, but fail it was. I use this on most our bikes and will continue to do so, but I just keep an eye on it since it seems to not last a long as the stock setup.

-EA

fomospede
01-28-2011, 11:17 PM
all these are right on
riders throttle style plays a part in spring life if your rider is a blipper they will fail sooner!
red springs
tach
blue loctite
check the bells concentricity from splined hub
have had a couple and one was .007 out of round
(cnc bells are true out of box though)

Clays dad
02-01-2011, 04:44 AM
What about the weights, all of them or some. I should be finding these things out on my own but with all the snow I dont think I will see a true result.

JIM GRACE
02-01-2011, 05:18 AM
We don't use the weights.

EthansDad
02-01-2011, 06:58 AM
the weights would reduce the stall speed or lower it. never tried them though. can fine tune stall with spring adjustments just fine.

-EA