PDA

View Full Version : might be outta the sport for awhile

HondaRacing83
01-27-2011, 04:49 AM
well guys theres a chance that my 400 may get sold.report cards are coming.i know all my gradesn on my report card already and havnt told my parents yet.i have a 76% in pre alg.which is an accelerated class for a 7th grader.pre alg is the class i try my hardest at because its very difficult for me.ive got this major dick for a teacher.i always take longer on tests and somtimes he grades my test when im not done yet.so thats practically the reason my grade is that low.ive always done every single homework assignment.in all my life ive never had a C,this will be my first.all my other grades are As and Bs. my dad told me if i get a C hes selling my 400.which really sucks.ive already haad to suffer when he sold my old raptor.he made me go wash it and watch him put it on craigslist and watch the guy come pick it up.i might be able to convince him not to but idk guys.regardless im gonna be grounded.

Hondamaster5505
01-27-2011, 05:46 AM
White out=instant B !!

Pappy
01-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Well, if you approach your parents ahead of time, explain you see an issue and need to correct it, I think you will find they will be more interested in helping you then punishment.

Canadian144
01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah I say try to explain to your parents before the report card comes.

My parents used to be the same with marks and taking stuff away. Never actually sold anything but took stuff away until the next report card came. As long as I showed that I tried my best they were happy.

rollie
01-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Explained to them what happened and how, possibly arrange a meeting with your parents and teacher to discuss your low grade, and next time inform your parents the moment you feel like your having a problem, your obviously not just dicking off in school, and finally thank your parents for bringing you up right, or wait and thank them when you get into a good college, or get a good job!

cbp19
01-27-2011, 02:30 PM
i no how u feel. ive never had a c n my live till this year is spanish 2 as a junior. my teacher is mean to and always clls on me cause she nos i dont no the stuff. i just tlked to my parents ahead of time

ridehonda400ex
01-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the grade man. Like everyone above said, just tell them the sittuation ahead of time.

And they way to prevent from them selling your quad is to buy your own;) haha thats what i did with my quad, they never sold one of mine tho since ive only had one lol. I understand your only in 7th grade tho. I was a freshman when i got mine last year

Tommy Warren
01-27-2011, 06:44 PM
pack a bunch of food and clothes into a backpack, jump on the 400 and head off into the night:macho

Canadian144
01-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cbp19
my teacher is mean to and always clls on me cause she nos i dont no the stuff. i just tlked to my parents ahead of time

Well who's fault is that? Maybe you should do the work....

Your spelling could use a little work too...

Hondamaster5505
01-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
pack a bunch of food and clothes into a backpack, jump on the 400 and head off into the night:macho

lmao.

I second this:bandit:

grassman
01-27-2011, 07:53 PM
pack a bunch of food and clothes into a backpack, jump on the 400 and head off into the night:macho Ha!!!:D

250x_kyle
01-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by cbp19
i no how u feel. ive never had a c n my live till this year is spanish 2 as a junior. my teacher is mean to and always clls on me cause she nos i dont no the stuff. i just tlked to my parents ahead of time

hahaha. if thats bad wait till your boss is the owner of the company you work for and hes trying to make money.

trailrider894
01-27-2011, 10:10 PM
I have learned that school is only as bad as you make it.... Although for some it is just that hard. You can't blame it on the teacher, because they are trying to make sure you understand and abide by the rules. If you take longer on tests, go talk to your counselor or principal or THE TEACHER and get your test placed in your testing center or take a Spec Ed. class that allows more time. There are solutions IF YOU search.

finsteratv
01-27-2011, 10:20 PM
dude i know what you mean. last year i was in 7th grade had a C in algebra 1 but i checked my grade a few weeks before so i could retake the few big tests i screwed up on..
this year being in geometry ive learned to constantly check your grades. plus i bought my own bike so no ones takin my baby :macho

trailrider894
01-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
dude i know what you mean. last year i was in 7th grade had a C in algebra 1 but i checked my grade a few weeks before so i could retake the few big tests i screwed up on..
this year being in geometry ive learned to constantly check your grades. plus i bought my own bike so no ones takin my baby :macho

FYI, the moment you turn 18 get the title in your name...

finsteratv
01-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
FYI, the moment you turn 18 get the title in your name...
already on it theres some thing about a co-signer or somthing weird and thats where my dad comes in. once i turn 18 i doubt ill still have the 400 :ermm: but you never know!

CJM
01-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Sometimes its just the way it goes. I was never a stellar student but I never actually flunked a class.

As for people saying its not the teacher..no, there are just some really horrible teachers who dont belong in the profession. Oddly enough its the math teachers usually, I had a few that Im pretty sure they hated thier jobs and just took it out on everyone and a few that just plain couldnt get 90% of the class to understand it so they faked the grades (2 such teachers) by giving you points on tests for having the right steps but not right answer and so forth and curved stuff so no one would fail and they wouldnt look bad.

HondaRacing83
01-28-2011, 04:57 AM
yeah,my math teacher does hate his job.he even tells us he does.im in 2 accelerated classes(pre alg and science acc 7)the rest are acedemic classes.i find 2 classes abnormally hard,its pre alg and social studies(geography).science takes some work but its okay.english i do great in,and reading i do pretty good in.then youve got your quarter long and semester long classes.like tech ed,home ec,music,art,computer.i found those really easy to.and i really like art class.mainly because i love to draw.im also into bmx,which they cant take away from me,even if the quad is gone.ive played the situation over and over again in my head and the different ways it will go.i think theyll understand for the most part if i explain it out.ill prob be grounded for a few weeks but im cool with that.

hondariderdylan
01-28-2011, 07:01 AM
I understand what you mean about math. I have been lost in math since i started middle school, im a senior now and im still a year behind where i should be (im in algebra 2, i should be done with math) and im still struggling with it. My girlfreind is a math whiz and she even finds it hard to help me:rolleyes:

My dad is also the same way with grades, if it isnt above his magic number of 75 i become a convict in my own home. And instead of selling my quad, he says if i dont fix my **** in school he will roll it out in the front yard, put a 30-06. bullet through the motor, cover it in gas, and light the thing on fire.:p

beastlywarrior
01-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by CJM
by giving you points on tests for having the right steps but not right answer and so forth and curved stuff so no one would fail and they wouldnt look bad.
actually in college the higher up math courses give you points for getting the steps right. curve happens sometimes but ive only had it in chemistry and one of my engineering classes

Jackson723
01-28-2011, 10:40 AM
What you do is raise your hand when the teacher asks a question you do know, then he won't call on you anymore. He will think you have it together and look for another victim to embarrass. Might make him think you're a good kid and fudge a grade for you. I had a teacher that would ask a question and I raised my hand if I knew it. He finally quit calling on me altogether.

Tommy Warren
01-28-2011, 02:14 PM
punch your teacher in the mouth and then start singing death metal!!!:devil:

HondaRacing83
01-28-2011, 03:33 PM
punch your teacher in the mouth and then start singing death metal!!!:devil: i love your suggestions.hahaha

CJM
01-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
actually in college the higher up math courses give you points for getting the steps right. curve happens sometimes but ive only had it in chemistry and one of my engineering classes

Depends, they dont have to and some do not. BTDT before.

Ruby Soho
01-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't know what i would do if my parents sold MY quad over a C... I could see maybe failing, but even that. My old man usually put me in my place and I did what i had to do.

Unless they bought it for you, than hes got every right to do what he wants with it

250x_kyle
01-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
I don't know what i would do if my parents sold MY quad over a C... I could see maybe failing, but even that. My old man usually put me in my place and I did what i had to do.

Unless they bought it for you, than hes got every right to do what he wants with it

doesnt matter what anyone thinks. who evers names on the title has the right to do whatever they want with the machine.

trailrider894
01-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
doesnt matter what anyone thinks. who evers names on the title has the right to do whatever they want with the machine.

When Ruby said " he ", he is reffering to the father.

250x_kyle
01-29-2011, 02:14 PM
yeah i realised that after i read it for a third time. now i feel like an idiot lol :p

HondaRacing83
01-29-2011, 02:33 PM
well i got my report card!my mom doesnt really care,my dad will flip.shes telling him now.

trailrider894
01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
well i got my report card!my mom doesnt really care,my dad will flip.shes telling him now.

good luck dude!!

HondaRacing83
01-29-2011, 02:43 PM
i had 3A's,3B's,and 1C.im not grounded.yet.im not sure how my dad will react.my mom wont let him sell my quad,so im safe there.she wont let him shut my phone line off either.she understands my dilemma.she said if i dont have my grades up by next quarter everythings going.

CJM
01-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Are you Asian by any chance? I had a friend who was and true to the stereotype if he didnt get nearly straight A's he was in trouble.

Just cause they say they will do it doesnt mean they actually will. I lost track of how many times my parents said that when i was a kid. Nothing ever happened.

HondaRacing83
01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Are you Asian by any chance? I had a friend who was and true to the stereotype if he didnt get nearly straight A's he was in trouble.

Just cause they say they will do it doesnt mean they actually will. I lost track of how many times my parents said that when i was a kid. Nothing ever happened. no haha.im not asian.and ya ik.parents will tell me that to but ive learned that if you keep doing it they will do somthing about it.my dads mad,my moms annoyed with him because he overreacts.he works 2nd shift tho,so he doesnt get home till like midnight.im gonna avoid him this weekend and i prob wont see him during the week.how i approached it was today when my mom was cooking i came up to her and said"hey watcha bakin?
she said cake.should be done later.
" we get report cards today"
"oh ya how do you know?"
"couple of my friends got them alrrady"
"ohhh okay.your dad is gonna ***** regardless"
"ya its not a good one....i got a c."
"*rolls her eyes*ohh geeze."
"yaa...."
"wait to get the mail after your dad leaves for work and ill text him and tell him later"

honda400ex2003
01-29-2011, 09:00 PM
its not the end of the world lol its a C. sooner or later it is gonna happen so it will all work out fine in the end. :D keep your head high. steve

HondaRacing83
01-30-2011, 09:50 AM
thanks!haha.i understand that they are trying to get me to keep doing well in school and all and they want me to go to college and get a good job.i get that,but its 1C and im in 7th grade.its not really gonna effect me.when my dad came home from work i just went to bed because i didnt want to hear him complain about it.i could hear the whole conversation.my dad was being a dick about grades as usual.but im just grounded for awhile.nothings being sold.

Hondamaster5505
01-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Word of advice, when you're old enough, get a job, buy and buy a quad of your own. That way nobody can tell you what to do with it.

I love the fact that I own my own ATV and car. My parents can't hold them over my head.

My dad used to threaten to sell my old quad when I was younger, if I was failing a class or something. Never did. But when I get C's my parents don't give me too hard of a time.

CJM
01-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Bad grades arent the end of the world either. A C is avg I got tons of them and still do and Im in college. Trust me in order to get an A you gotta work your tail off in college (least where I go).

Now if you were in highschool grades are important if your trying to get into a good college as they look at your transcripts, middle school no one cares about except your parents.

Dont sweat it.

honda400ex2003
01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
some classes i am happy to get a C in lol. just depends on the class though. something like vibrations will be a C sort of class for me this semester. not a big deal. steve

CJM
01-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
some classes i am happy to get a C in lol. just depends on the class though. something like vibrations will be a C sort of class for me this semester. not a big deal. steve

vibrations? what kinda degree are you getting???? :eek2:

honda400ex2003
01-30-2011, 11:14 AM
lol bachelors in mechanical engineering. :)

steve

CJM
01-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
lol bachelors in mechanical engineering. :)

steve

i know, im just poking fun at ya! :D

honda400ex2003
01-30-2011, 11:32 AM
lol

i know you know what i am taking haha just keep poking away :p i suppose you have a couple of shots left since we still call you flipper. haha
lol

i cant wait for the first test in there considering i havent got any points at all on the 2 quizes i have taken. lol gonna be exciting :eek2: :rolleyes:

no calculators and closed book... not gonna be fun at all to say the least.

oh well, im writing my engineering lab stuff right now for tuesdays lab. lol steve

Ruby Soho
01-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Your dad would have murdered me if I was his kid. I got straight C's and B's throughout school.

I got by just fine and I'm working in a trade that will make me money.

Learning about the pilgrims for 12 years never really mattered to me.. but I did enough to get by

kyleschonert
01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
I for one will say that most employers honestly don't care about your grades as much as people (parents and teachers) make them out to be. I will be graduating from college in May and have had a couple of interviews and everyone of them have said that it does not matter if you have a 4.0 or not. They wouldn't be complaining of a 4.0, but if two candidates walked in one with a 3.4 one with a 4.0 and the one with the 3.4 was working 40 hours a week while still going to school, had hobbies such as racing, hunting, and hanging with friends, and had a charismatic personality, then the 3.4 would more than likely get the job.

Maybe it is just my field, but the type of person you are and how well you interview can score you a job better than your grades.

Sorry to hear about your grades, but don't sweat it! I didn't make the best of grades in High School, I played football, chased women, raced, and had other things on my mind then school! Unless you plan on being a Doctor or applying for the Air Force Academy or West Point, I wouldn't lose to much sleep over your grades.

Tell your parents the problems you are having and try your best by completing the homework and making sacrifices, study instead of playing Xbox or hanging with your friends and they will understand. They can't ask anything more out of you if you give it everything you've got.

CJM
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
^ Couldnt have said it better myself, good post :)

dont stress over the grades, they mean so little in life.

kyleschonert
01-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Exactly. I think alot of Colleges only require a 2.0 to get in. Especially in today's world, if you've got the cash, their more than likely not going to push you away. lol

"C's get degrees" haha