View Full Version : New respect for cops.

mxdubbs
01-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I've always thought cops sucked but today I learned that the majority aren't that bad.

some background. There's this cop that is got a bad name for being strict and a jerk. Kind of like the bad cop in your town. I live in a small town where most of the cops are emt's and most of the emt's are coroners

Well long story short I over shot a 30' double by 15-20' witch ended in a trip to the hospital and a vist from the EMT yay.

Anyways, after My friends got my boots off( I knew they weren't broke?) I called my mom and told her I went down and need to go to the hospital. ( I was calm, surprisingly for being 16, and thinking my lower back was broke) I didn't want to scare my mom.

My mom showed up and then a minute later The town bad cop showed up. I had only heard stores about him and never really met him. It was wierd he was totally cool and it seemed like the complete opposite of what everybody had said. Even when he asked me about drugs or alcohol he told me he was asking as an emt and that even if I had done any that he would charge me. I didn't have anything in my system and never plan to lol. He was cool and made me think differently about cops.

Oh yeah for those of you who want to know. I bruised my hip, the emt said I was lucky I didn't break my back. I am way surprised I am home right now.

I bent a rim( one of those stock honda heavy duty ones) bent my axle, cracked my swing arm and tweaked my frame.

Hard it lol.

tjsdaname
01-26-2011, 11:56 PM
haha yeah, I have learned that not all cops are *******s... but it seems like 85% of them are...

one sunday after a race last season I had my 450r out in the driveway on a stand, I had just got done washing it and was letting it idle for a few minutes wile I dried it off with a rag... a cop car pulled up, there was a man and a women officer. the women walks up to me and starts screaming (not because it was idling lol just because she was a *****) for me to "turn that ****ing thing off" so I did. and after that she yelled at me about a bunch of different stuff and then calls me a "punk *** teenager" and to go get my parents... and those are exact quotes... so I just yelled at the top of my lungs "hey mom! some ***** wants to talk to you." and finished washing my quad lol.... I have had stuff like that happen quite a few times....

end rant lol

btw glad to hear your okay, and no broken bones....

mxdubbs
01-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Wow really thats harsh.

Yeah some cops can be uber jerks.

I have been pulled over left and write for riding through town it sucks.

powermadd400ex
01-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Well, I guess my expierences with cops are a bit different than yall's. I've been pulled over 5 times since I got my license(Sept of 09). 3 of the 5 were massive speeding violations. 20 or more over the speed limit. The other 2 were, 1 seatbelt violation, and the other was forgetting to turn on my headlights at dusk.
I got 1 ticket out of ALL of those violations, and that was for doing 85 in a 55. I should have gotten a super speeder ticket, but the cop was nice enough to bump the speed down to 68mph on the ticket. I guess cops around here are more understanding, because I should have gotten way more tickets than that. I've ran into one cop that was a dick, and he was getting on to me for skating in front of my dad's friend's place of business. I was 13 at the time and was threatening to take away my board until owner of the facility came out and told the cop he permitted me to skate on his property.

So with all that said, I respect cops. I have been insanely lucky to get pulled over by such understanding and sincere cops.

Pappy
01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
There is good and bad in everyone, wearing a badge doesnt excuse someone from being a prick. Most times however, you will find that if you treat them fair they will do the same in return. If they are being an ***, then keep your mouth shut, do as instructed and have your day in court, the officer is not the final word in anything.

jesseweaver
01-27-2011, 08:59 AM
i've had worse luck than you could ever imagine with cops over the past 2 years since i was 16. they seem to be just around the corner all the time. i've been pulled over well over a dozen times on everything. my bike, several cars, my truck, my dirtbike, fourwheeler and i've been caught "tresspassing" just going swimming in a local quarry where everyone does every weekend over the summer but im the lucky one that gets caught. but i've ran into very few dick cops most of them have been pretty cool so i have respect for them being it was me doing something wrong 99% of the time. it just gets really old when i drive my sisters car or something with no idea the registration is out and i get a ticket. or run an uninspected car half a mile down the road to my friends shop to work on it and the only cop that ever drives our road i swear once a year is right there to pull me over. let the parking meter go 5 minutes over and get a parking ticket... the list goes on with stupid stuff like that.

yea well live and learn

i've just had one cop pull me over because he thought i was drinking and driving because i had my high beams on? he told me i was drunk for sure, got out did a couple tests still thought i was drunk gave me a breathalyzer and couldn't believe i blew .00 then he was convinced i was on drugs and questioned me with that for a while then finally let me go :rolleyes:

400exrider707
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
There is good and bad in everyone, wearing a badge doesnt excuse someone from being a prick. Most times however, you will find that if you treat them fair they will do the same in return. If they are being an ***, then keep your mouth shut, do as instructed and have your day in court, the officer is not the final word in anything.

Exactly.

Being polite goes a LONG way. I've been pulled over for speeding around 13x now. I've got ONE speeding ticket ever for 62 in a 45 (I was doing 62 in a 45) and got it thrown out. It pays to be polite in situations like those. I know I'm wrong, but never admit anything, play dumb and be polite.

Scro
01-27-2011, 11:24 AM
I've gotten 6-7 speeding tickets. I've never been a smartass, made any rude comments, or even admitted to any wrongdoing. I knew that I was in the wrong, so what's the point in arguing with someone just doing their job? My point is, I must have a string of bad driving luck, because I've never been given a break for speeding and never given the cops any grief.

trailrider894
01-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Okay... I don't want to ruffle people's feathers here, but a cop is as bad as you make him... If he is pissed because you were doing dumb things, then that doesn't make him the prick... He is going to treat you like the age you act. I am HEAVILY involved in my local PD and do a twice weekly intern with the PD were i ride with them and help them with certain incidents and crowd control. Seeing that i am going into Law Enforcement in the next two years. I highly suggest you guys re-think about the cops... They do there job to stop IDIOTS, and they are mean to peopl who do illegal things and endanger the public... Hence why he was nice to you, because you weren't doing anything illegal. You just feel off your quad, and he helped you out!! You didn't do anything illegal or bad. You guys need to really grow up if you think 85% are bad...

I mean some take there jobs to serious, and are just pricks all the time... But most PD's only have one or two of those cops!!

Sorry for the rant, but this hits home to me.

tjsdaname
01-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Okay... I don't want to ruffle people's feathers here, but a cop is as bad as you make him... If he is pissed because you were doing dumb things, then that doesn't make him the prick... He is going to treat you like the age you act. I am HEAVILY involved in my local PD and do a twice weekly intern with the PD were i ride with them and help them with certain incidents and crowd control. Seeing that i am going into Law Enforcement in the next two years. I highly suggest you guys re-think about the cops... They do there job to stop IDIOTS, and they are mean to peopl who do illegal things and endanger the public... Hence why he was nice to you, because you weren't doing anything illegal. You just feel off your quad, and he helped you out!! You didn't do anything illegal or bad. You guys need to really grow up if you think 85% are bad...

I mean some take there jobs to serious, and are just pricks all the time... But most PD's only have one or two of those cops!!

Sorry for the rant, but this hits home to me.

you are right, to a point... I am probably one of the most respectable people a cop would ever meet, I always say "yes officer" or "no officer" and am always polite with them and do what they say... but when you have a cop walk up to you and not even say hello just yell at you to "shut that ****ing thing off" just because they think you are going to act like a normal teenager is bull **** and I get it all the time...

I have tons of times where stuff like this happened, the cops in my area must be much worse than average...
here is another story.

a couple years ago I was on my way to my cousin house on my bicycle. I was riding on the sidewalk, and a cop pulled up behind me and turned his sirens on, jumped out of his car and started yelling at me "hey get your *** off the sidewalk! you know your no supposed to be riding on there" so I got off the sidewalk and said that I was sorry. and right as I was about to start riding away, he told me that I was not allowed to ride on the street either. so we argued for a minute and I asked "what the hell am I supposed to do carry it?" and he said "yes or ill have you arrested..." I politely told min to **** off and went about my way....

I have more of these....

ricksmx865
01-27-2011, 03:32 PM
ya'll should try living with one.....

it does have its perks at times tho.. ive got away with some pretty idiotic things

Hondamaster5505
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM
My father's one friend is a Police Officer and also the head of one of the D.A.R.E. Programs.

The funny thing is, he was a huge party guy in High School and my father has a picture of him smoking weed somewhere.

Moral of the story is, Cops are just everyday people like you and me. Some are really chill, and honestly just look out for peoples safety and aren't out to be a prick.
But some become a cop just so they can feel powerful and abuse their rights.

Everyone's different. No two people are the same, no two cops are the same.

Ruby Soho
01-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I know or know of most of the cops in my town, and there's only one I have a problem with. He pulled me over last summer for something that had happened at the highschool, and I had nothing to do with. Told me he was going to beat my *** to the ground if I kept lying to him, etc.. So I remained calm and polite and I eventually got let go. No warnings or tickets because it was confirmed I had nothing to do with whatever was going on.

Than maybe 1 month ago he pulled me over for "revving my engine". First thing he says when he walks up to my truck is "So who are you being an ******* for now?" I honestly didn't know what he was pulling me over for because I didn't rev the truck, its an automatic.. not going to put it in neutral while driving to rev it. Anyways, after the license and reg bullsh*t he comes over and cussed at me alittle more and than told me he really wanted to pull over the truck infront of me but figured he would pull me over cause my truck was loud.

Hes a cocksucker, but other than that I have no problems with any cops.

trailrider894
01-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Okay. Lets see the good stories about cops... This is like politics... We only hear the bad things and never the good. Lets see i have two good stories...

1:00am on I-70 between STL and Columbia. I was pulled over for doing 120mph in a 70mph zone. Just finished my old restoration car and wanted to road trip on the Big Road. He walks up to me and says and i quote " Hey man, why you going so fast?" i said " just trying out the new engine and how my gearing is running because i think i need to change some things" he replied " Man you need to slow it down... There is a strip right down the road where you can go for free and its legal. Now go ahead and go home and BE SAFE!!" No, ticket, never took my license, never asked for my insurance..."

My other story, when i was 16, I speed quickly through my hometown in a mini, semi-legal street race to Subway. We were sitting inside and two cops came in and starting question us about the cars that were outside... They were nothing special, just regular ol beater redneck cars. Out of all 5 people they picked my buddy and i and took us outside and talked to us about our SEMI-LEGAL race. One cop was really starting to get up in my buddy and i's faces about us going to fast in town, but he quickly backed off when he apologized and explained that we were really only trying to see who could find the fastest route to subway. He said that he understood our intentions were not to speed... he said that the male genes require us to drive fast and that he wasn't going to ticket us or enter us into the system since we were so young.

I have never had any bad experiences with cops, nor have i been with any cops that were jerks to civilians. If a cop was a jerk to you, and you justify it with an innocent story, i am sure there was something that you did that made you look like a smart@$$ that made the cop act that way. But i am gonna say that some cops are just outright pricks and are mean for no reason.

ZeroLogic
01-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
My father's one friend is a Police Officer and also the head of one of the D.A.R.E. Programs.

The funny thing is, he was a huge party guy in High School and my father has a picture of him smoking weed somewhere.

Moral of the story is, Cops are just everyday people like you and me. Some are really chill, and honestly just look out for peoples safety and aren't out to be a prick.
But some become a cop just so they can feel powerful and abuse their rights.

Everyone's different. No two people are the same, no two cops are the same.

Officer Phil?

Hondamaster5505
01-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Officer Phil?

No, ill PM you his name. Don't want to possibly get him in trouble got forbid someone sees this. You never know.

slightlybent47
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM
There is good and bad everywhere, even in a police department. I do wish they would practice what they preach instead of breaking the law and busting you for breaking the very same law. Hypocrites all of them.

It’s so funny when I here a cop tell a suspect that if they would just tell them the truth it will be so much easier for them. Witch is only half of the sentence; the most important part is what they leave out. Witch is “to convict you”

I have seen and dealt with both types and I have found that the older the cop is, the more fair they seem to be.

motochamp250
01-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
There is good and bad everywhere, even in a police department. I do wish they would practice what they preach instead of breaking the law and busting you for breaking the very same law. Hypocrites all of them.

It’s so funny when I here a cop tell a suspect that if they would just tell them the truth it will be so much easier for them. Witch is only half of the sentence; the most important part is what they leave out. Witch is “to convict you”

I have seen and dealt with both types and I have found that the older the cop is, the more fair they seem to be.

have to say big +1 on the older thing.

as far as the practice what they preach, im tired of driving 70 ( the speed limit here) down the interstate and getting my doors blown off by some cop driving 90 and turning off at the dairy queen. or the one cop who turned on his lights, ran the red light, and turned them off and pulled in wendy's to eat. just because they are the law doesn't mean they are above it, though there seem to be quite a few around here that think they are JMO

EDIT i read this and realized how it might come off to people. ive met plenty of nice cops who just do there jobs and ive had one ticket that didnt even go on my record its the ones like above who just grind my gears!

CJM
01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I never had a real issue and have been pulled over very few times in my life except when I was young and stupid. remember there are good and bad cops, just the way life goes.

heres some stories

1. I was going home after an argument with a friend where he dumped iced tea all over me so I wore just my shorts home. I went home and this one light didnt change, I sat there for a good 10 mins and finally just turned left. A cop comes flying out after me, (wasnt going fast either) and I know by the way he is tailing me hes running the plate and gonna pull me over. I decided to just turn off into a side street and see if he follwed, sure enough red/blue lights up a mile later. I was totally courteous, turned on my light so he could see in, put my hands on the wheel where they can see them, he approached the car and began acting like a jerk from the get go, questing me, telling me i ran the light and speeding and such. I was so polite I told him I was reaching to get my info. After some bs he gave me the red light tix.

2. Pulled over for god only knows what by a cop from another town. Im not sure wtf I ever did, he never said, he commanded me to pull over thru the loud speaker on a 4 lane hwy (I was in left most lane on a bridge with alot of traffic) so I tried toget over but no one would let me, he again yelled at me thru the loudspeaker and I said F it and pulled over ont he bridge and screamed at me again to move to the righthand shoulder (hey you told me to pull over). He came up with his hand on his gun nearly drawn,screaming at me. I told him he told me to pull over and I didnt want to get a ticket for evading. he ran my junk and gave me a seatbelt ticket. Still no idea why he even was interested in me, not speeding, tailgating, etc.

3. got a tix for talking on my cell in my tow truck. tow truck drivers in NJ are EXEMPT from that bull hockey. the cop didnt care (the town sucks for cops anyways), he was in (I kid you not!) an unmarked brand new honda civic with BLUE yes blue lights no red, when I pulled over I assmed he was gonna pass me and was an emt. I took the tix, why bother.

4. Got pulled over making an illegal left in my tow truck. meh cop was nice, I told him I had AAA, my boss and a customer screaming at me and was late to all my jobs. He said dont make an illegal left, and you left your overheads (lightbar) on too. Let me go and didnt ask for anything. was nice.

5. Was going home from a 15hr shift, stupid lights changed instantly (2 diff lights very close to one another) made one, ran the other-stopping a tow truck is tough. Cop was nice, i explained to him Im going home after a long day, he knew me b/c I did police towing and told me he actually got me for a rolling stop. He just said go home and get some rest.

6. Shop got broken into, stupid dick cop who showed up accused us (employees) of breaking in and stealing the truck that got stolen. When I had showed up after hours on sunday (shops closed on sundays) I saw keys all over the ground outside and the frontdoor was wide open. he got his arse handed to him by the det that showed up sometime later. Why would employees steal the truck he says, why would they bother taking all the keys out sicne they obviously know wtf key goes to what and why on earth would they break in if they have a key to the door?? The cop I later found out was pulling traffic duty cause of that bs-he insulted the owner of the shop who is a promient figure in town.

7. Pulled over for speeding in a newer mustang cobra. My boss told me to take it for a spin, he said when revving it high the clutch was slipping as per customer. NEVER give a car like that to anyone to test drive and tell them to beat on it a bit. I peeled out of the shop, I chirped every gear (fwiw I know the guy who owned the car and the clutch was going anyways), got up to 80mph and was nabbed. Cops asked wtf I was doing and why (the one knew me), told them test driving car for X auto shop, sorry dont know where the info is it aint my car. The one cop goes "wait you mean for x (shop owner), I go yea. other cop who chewed me out just looks at the other guy and they both look at me and tell me to drive it nicely back to the shop and I did lol.

8. Friend of mine crashed his truck on a windy country road. Called 911 cause he was somewhat hurt, cops not only ticketed him for the accident but he got destruction of property (he hit a tree) wtf? That towns cops stink anyways.

Now, my brother who despite being 22 looks likes hes 14 gets pulled over all the time. He drives (or did till recently) like a dumb kid going fast and driving like the cars a gokart. He also drove a beat to hell buick (multiple dents, missing paint, broken whatnot-looked like a drug dealers car from the ghetto I used to say). He has so many speeding violations and accidents I lost track and almost always has a problem with the cops. I think the combo of speeding, bad car and the way he looks is the issue.

I dontget pulled over anymore. I drive a non descript pick up truck, usually dont exceed the speed limit by a few miles per hour, drive just slow. years of driving a tow truck and work trucks taught me not to race anywhere and just take it easy. Why speed, why drive like its a race car.

Now, the things I could tell you I did to people who drive like arse's...that could be a whole thread into itself. I dislike people who drive weave, cut people off (specially me), flip me off, tailgate me, etc and I got even with a few.

ZeroLogic
01-28-2011, 02:27 PM
I've delt with the cops twice for car relations.

My first I was in a town called Port Jervis. Now thats in NY and I'm in Pa so the two towns do not get along.
It was at night and I was getting gas in Nj and cutting through Ny to get to Pa. Weird right. A cop pulled me over for talking on the phone and an out headlight. I was respectful to him and whatnot about 15 minutes later he tells me my car isn't registered but don't worry because Pa is messed up with their reg. He only gave me a ticket for an out headlight and told me to fix it by next week and go to the PD to prove its fixed. I was surprised.

I went to the PD a few days later to show them I fixed it and they were laughing why would they pull you over for an out headlight and so on. :p

The second time I nailed a huge buck with my truck. I was to busy checking out the rack instead of stopping :p. A girl behind me straight from NYC pulls up and says do you have a gun are you going to shoot it you have to put it out of its misery. Give me a break. But they decided to go to the PD and tell the cops. Gee thanks. So a staties pulls up and he was real cool about it. I didn't have the updated insurance card with me he said no problem just call me by tomorrow and let me know what the number is. We also went into the woods with his spot light to try and find it!

I've met some real dick cops and some real nice ones. I find that you don't break the law, or be an jerk, he nicer they are to you.

I can tell you some stories about other drivers though that I wish a cop was nearby.:mad:

Tommy Warren
01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Jason Ellis said it best "not all cops are crooked drug dealers, some moms are crooked drug dealers does that mean your gonna go around kicking every mom in the box? NO!"

dns1764
01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
every cop in my town is a piece of **** (execpt for one). they pull over every kid even if they arent doing anything wrong. a few years back they arrested a few 12 year olds for skatebording down the sidewalk. it was huge news once the news heard of it. they ended up dropping the made up charges
http://whosarat.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=163312

the town next to us has the best cops. they realize kids are just having fun. as long as your not destroying stuff of driving drunk, they dont care about anything.

Hondamaster5505
01-28-2011, 04:09 PM
One tip is, don't do anything stupid towards the end of the month.

A lot of times cops are pretty nice at the beginning of the month, but towards the end, they crack down pretty hard to meet their quota.

CJM
01-28-2011, 04:20 PM
One tip is, don't do anything stupid towards the end of the month.

A lot of times cops are pretty nice at the beginning of the month, but towards the end, they crack down pretty hard to meet their quota.

Actually true, they dont have quotas per say tho. What they have is a performance review where they review what the officer has done in the past month or whatever. Of course if you didnt do your job properly (IE write tix) then you get a bad review. It exists, just not how people think it works. They arent out there with a little sheet ticking off marks for pulling people over thats for sure.

Hondamaster5505
01-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Actually true, they dont have quotas per say tho. What they have is a performance review where they review what the officer has done in the past month or whatever. Of course if you didnt do your job properly (IE write tix) then you get a bad review. It exists, just not how people think it works. They arent out there with a little sheet ticking off marks for pulling people over thats for sure.

Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying. I knew it was something to that effect.

So yeah, usually they're pretty nice at the beginning but tickets=money and a good review. So they try and cram some pull overs towards the end.

CJM
01-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying. I knew it was something to that effect.

So yeah, usually they're pretty nice at the beginning but tickets=money and a good review. So they try and cram some pull overs towards the end.

Pretty much.

Dont forget, not all officers in all areas are patrolman (drive cars), there are detectives in various fields, crime control units, sex crimes, etc, etc. Smaller areas tend to combined alot of it tho.

A patrolmans job tho is to keep the roads safe-they do this by being visible and puling people over-this is called deterrence. IE you see someone pulled over and the red/blue lights-99% of people instantly slow down and look to see whats going on. hell you just see the car you slow up (look closely alot of times its a dummy or no ones in the car).

TheLane
01-28-2011, 05:33 PM
yeah and a lot of people dont get it, You deal with nothing but the scum of the earth every day....you start to get a bad opinion of society. Its hard to think otherwise. Cops arent bad people, but when you get treated like your crap by everyone you meet when your the one protecting their saftey and letting them live there lives thinking the world is perfect, well...you get a bit cranky.
The only way to handle someone like that is to prove to them you appreciate that they put THEIR life on the line everyday for YOU...and your skateboard. then...they might cut you some slack

TheLane
01-28-2011, 05:41 PM
yeah and a lot of people dont get it, You deal with nothing but the scum of the earth every day....you start to get a bad opinion of society. Its hard to think otherwise. Cops arent bad people, but when you get treated like your crap by everyone you meet when your the one protecting their saftey and letting them live there lives thinking the world is perfect, well...you get a bit cranky.
The only way to handle someone like that is to prove to them you appreciate that they put THEIR life on the line everyday for YOU...and your skateboard. then...they might cut you some slack

trailrider894
01-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by TheLane

Thank you the lane... Took the words outta my mouth. Your welcome to come down to missouri and ride on my track anytime you want!!

CJM
01-28-2011, 10:18 PM
What Lane says is very true. if all you do day in and day out is pull over idiots then you get to stereotyping them before you even talk to them-course some cops really are just jerks.

I do have a story I didnt add last night that many will find hilarious.

Long story short :
Trying to find address in tow truck, cant find it. figure out its a new shopping center. I had been swerving a bit in my truck reading my map, gps and talking to lady on phone.

cop pulls me over, is a total jerk. I tell my boss while cops running my info how he made me do field sobriety test for no reason and is really hassling me. captain of pd (friend of boss and i) pulls up since boss musta called him, yells at cop. I go and unlock car, come back captain is still yelling at him.

For 3 months jerk cop is stuck on traffic directing duty :) Dont piss off people who drive tow trucks, we know almost all the cops unless your a rookie idiot.

I once towed a cruiser away from this jerk of a cop who kept harassing my brother even after i asked him to stop it. thankfully the cop knew me and I had only hid the car behind a building-but the cop got the message.

Dont EVER make the tow truck driver mad btw, we can take your stuff rather easy.

trailrider894
01-28-2011, 10:43 PM
I do think that a-lot of you guys can't and will never understand the situations and things that police officers see and do. You can say you understand it, but you never will unless you have been there and watched it. I encourage all of you to do a ride along with your local PD and trust me... it will change your view on all of it. I am not going to argue about our Cops and which ones are jerks or not. I know that if it weren't for them thousands more people would be dead and our lives would be hell. I say to all who complain about cops, try a day in their shoes and i guarantee that you will most likely crap your pants atleast once and never dis-respect a cop ever again. I wanna give a shout out to the families of the 11 Police Officers who were shot and killed in Missouri alone last week.

:(

TheLane
01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Thank you the lane... Took the words outta my mouth. Your welcome to come down to missouri and ride on my track anytime you want!!

Thanks man, if im ever out that way it would be my pleasure to get shown up by you :P

trailrider894
01-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Thanks man, if im ever out that way it would be my pleasure to get shown up by you :P

ha ha unlikely.

250x_kyle
01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I do think that a-lot of you guys can't and will never understand the situations and things that police officers see and do. You can say you understand it, but you never will unless you have been there and watched it. I encourage all of you to do a ride along with your local PD and trust me... it will change your view on all of it. I am not going to argue about our Cops and which ones are jerks or not. I know that if it weren't for them thousands more people would be dead and our lives would be hell. I say to all who complain about cops, try a day in their shoes and i guarantee that you will most likely crap your pants atleast once and never dis-respect a cop ever again. :(

cant disagree with that at all. worked for the state over the summer and met quite a few state boys. most of them were reall nice. even went snowboarding with my buddys family and we happened to run into one of their family friends who is a state trooper. had a good time all night going down the slopes. dont forget about what the guys over seas are seeing either id be more likely to crap my pants over there then on a ride along.

trailrider894
01-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
cant disagree with that at all. worked for the state over the summer and met quite a few state boys. most of them were reall nice. even went snowboarding with my buddys family and we happened to run into one of their family friends who is a state trooper. had a good time all night going down the slopes. dont forget about what the guys over seas are seeing either id be more likely to crap my pants over there then on a ride along.

I would actually beg to differ... There are moments overseas when it would be scary. But its scary every moment in the inner city.

krt400ex
01-29-2011, 05:56 PM
i never tend to have bg problems with cops, but about a month ago i was running late to meet someone. i work overnights and was supposed to meet them at 130 but ended up sleeping till 130 lol. anyways, there is a long straight with a passing lane, and then a bend all the way down at the end. car in front of me was doing 40 in a 50 so i passed him. there were zero cars coming the opposite direction when i started the pass. when i was next to the car i was passing, a car came around the bend all the way at the end of the straight, behind him were two cop cars. i completed the pass with a solid 600ft or more of room and slowed back to the speed limit. the cop turned around and pulled me over, with a 70's porno mustache and all, and reemed me an @$$hole for a legal pass and then gave me a careless ticket. that has been my worst experience with a cop

trx310R#24
01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I do think that a-lot of you guys can't and will never understand the situations and things that police officers see and do. You can say you understand it, but you never will unless you have been there and watched it. I encourage all of you to do a ride along with your local PD and trust me... it will change your view on all of it. I am not going to argue about our Cops and which ones are jerks or not. I know that if it weren't for them thousands more people would be dead and our lives would be hell. I say to all who complain about cops, try a day in their shoes and i guarantee that you will most likely crap your pants atleast once and never dis-respect a cop ever again. I wanna give a shout out to the families of the 11 Police Officers who were shot and killed in Missouri alone last week.

if i can go on a ride along or whatever i would... i think it would be kool who knows i may even make a friend.. haha
i don't think there is any real crime where i live though.... and also this may be a dumb question but are you riding in the front or back? and do they give you a gun? say something dose happen to the cop your ****ed someone could just walk up and shoot u if your not armed... and your reall ****ed if your locked in the back... i don't know if id wanna go if i didn't have something to protect myself.. and i wouldn't go if i was locked in the back.... **** that..

CJM
01-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
i never tend to have bg problems with cops, but about a month ago i was running late to meet someone. i work overnights and was supposed to meet them at 130 but ended up sleeping till 130 lol. anyways, there is a long straight with a passing lane, and then a bend all the way down at the end. car in front of me was doing 40 in a 50 so i passed him. there were zero cars coming the opposite direction when i started the pass. when i was next to the car i was passing, a car came around the bend all the way at the end of the straight, behind him were two cop cars. i completed the pass with a solid 600ft or more of room and slowed back to the speed limit. the cop turned around and pulled me over, with a 70's porno mustache and all, and reemed me an @$$hole for a legal pass and then gave me a careless ticket. that has been my worst experience with a cop

contest it in court if you still had a passing lane. 600ft is alot of room ive done less.

250x_kyle
01-30-2011, 11:13 AM
I would actually beg to differ... There are moments overseas when it would be scary. But its scary every moment in the inner city.

oh yeah i know what your saying. now immagen inner city with people shooting at you and ieds hidden all over. ive never been over seas but have a few friends over there now with two of wich are on their second tour. atleast cops in the inner city dont have to worry about driving down the road and there vehicle just go flipping. i dont dissagree with you of it not being scarry to be a cop. but id have less of a fear if i was a cop.

buck440
01-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
...cop turned around and pulled me over, with a 70's porno mustache and all, and reemed me an @$$hole...

:D

krt400ex
01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by buck440
:D

wow i wish i caught that before i posted it haha

JForestZ34
01-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by CJM

Dont EVER make the tow truck driver mad btw, we can take your stuff rather easy.

Without a work order or the vehicle owners permission that's called theft.. Don't get caught doing that.. Even if it's a patrol car.. If that cop turned into a dick that's all you need is to get slammed for grand theft auto.. Even if it was to just move it behind a building.....

James

JForestZ34
01-30-2011, 07:11 PM

I understand cops do their thing and deal with scum of the earth.. But I give more respect to the correction officers that have to LIVE with them vs the cops that deal with them for 5-10 mins... Ok a cop has to worry about being shot or stabbed... A CO has to worry about stabbed, beaten and has to deal with their piss poor attitude all day everyday...

James

kyleschonert
01-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Can't even count how many cops in my home town have knocked up under age girls before....They wouldn't P!ss on anyone if they were on fire either.

Instead of going out and busting up meth labs they would rather harass under age drinkers that are at a private river camp or boat house not bugging anyone. (not that I agree with that, but I think Meth heads are creating more havoc)

I do not have a problem with authority, but I do have a problem that my tax dollars are being spent on 3 cops sitting in a McDonald's parking lot at 9 p.m. on a Sunday evening during a school year, (not to mention the ones that use their squad cars of personal vehicles) instead of busting the said meth labs in the county.

I am a firm believer in respect is earned when given and none of the cops in this area seem to believe in that.lol.

Maybe it is because I live in IL and we have some of the most outrageous Laws known to man! (THANK YOU LIBERAL CHICAGO!) But I live in a town of about 5-6K, if that since we lost Snap-On, but we have about 15 county cops and 2-3 state cops that live in town as well, and that's not counting the Sheriff and Deputies....

Let me also add that on New Years eve I spent the evening at our Church, then to a friends house, then finished the night off at my sister and her fiance's house. I had a glass of champagne at the turn of the night and that was all the alcohol I consumed, so hardly any. While at my sister's, one of her very good friends' husband is a IL State Cop and consumed MORE than enough alcohol that evening and his wife was TANKED, and he got in the vehicle and drove off. I'm not saying he was drunk, but would have blown over .08. Just not right in my opinion.

Rant off.

Glad to hear that the OP had good luck and wasn't more seriously injured though! Their not all bad like you said, always those bad few, or 15 though. lol

trailrider894
01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, i am done with this thread. You can't hate someone and respect them. Its one or the other...

kyleschonert
01-31-2011, 12:28 PM
mt. carmel has tons of cops. is your camp close to pollyville?

I myself don't have a camp. And you might be confused with Mt. Carmel, IL near Chicago. I'm from the Southern Mt. Carmel. About 45 minutes North West of Evansville, IN.

I'm not familiar with Pollyville I don't believe.

kyleschonert
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
nope im not confused:) i live in st. francisville like less then 10 miles away. pollyville is the river camps south of st. f.

Now that you say it I have heard that. I don't get out on the river much. Usually go to East Fork if we get out on the water.

It is a small world. I actually work at the AgReliant Genetics production plant in St. F Have for five years. lol. What's your name man?