PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Ltr450

400Trooper
01-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey you Zuk guys, I have a line on a low hour 2006 LTR450.
Here's my questions. What are you likes and dislike on this specific year?
What would you change about it? And what needs to be done to it to seriously race it? Thanks!

bigbad400
01-28-2011, 06:55 AM
they all have ups and downs. the bottom line is its a zuki. lol na ok im not to sure on exact years but some claim bad 3rd gear. also some claim bad shift pin spot. i have a 07 and its got hundreds of hours on stock drive train and never had a problem. i ride it like its gonna last forever and it has yet to let me down. lol:macho

bigbad400
01-28-2011, 06:59 AM
to really race it tires. rims. exhaus. intake. if ur woods racing ull need to narrow it up a bit prolly but if ur mx its ready to go basicly. i came off a highly modded 460 stroker 400ex and honestly till i do some motor work the 460stroker was faster but its like comparing oranges to apples still. the ltr dont feel the roots and rocks and the 400 even with good shocks sucked. lol have you ever rode a 450? what kida racing do u do?

400Trooper
01-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
to really race it tires. rims. exhaus. intake. if ur woods racing ull need to narrow it up a bit prolly but if ur mx its ready to go basicly. i came off a highly modded 460 stroker 400ex and honestly till i do some motor work the 460stroker was faster but its like comparing oranges to apples still. the ltr dont feel the roots and rocks and the 400 even with good shocks sucked. lol have you ever rode a 450? what kida racing do u do?

BB400 - I race MX, GP, and Endurance races. Oddly enough i've ridden plenty of Honda & Yamaha 450s but never a LT-R. My 400 has GTT revalve / springs 450R front shocks with +3 A-arms, not long travel. Rear is stock swing arm, 400 GTT revalve / spring shock, with GTT link. And you're right 400's suck without long travel shocks.

I was curious about the LT-R power wise, I know stock they are okay, but I never leave anything stock so that wouldn't matter. I had read the 3rd gear problem and wondered if that was typical for the Zuk, but then again I never leave anything stock! Thanks for your reply!

bigbad400
01-28-2011, 10:23 AM
i cant really say how the power is stock mines piped and chipped and it had some stuff when i got it. i can say that it rips in the supposedly unreliable 3rd gear, it will scare you if your not used to it. and i say that with great respect. lol they make a 3rd replacement and a shift pin relocator too but i never needed it...

basicly the same 400ex setup i had, wicked products +3 arm on revalve 450 shocks. stock swinger on gforce with revalve shock.

for your application all you should need is tires and pipe and stuff to open it up and get it really flowing. the ltr is a powerful machine and it holds top in race standings because of that. the article in dirtwheels last month i think... it was called fastest of the fast. it was can am yami and zuki and suki took the top. like always. i was a die hard honda man too.. but they dont compare.